Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I'm just being lazy, but where do I check I have the ethernet port? or is it the port above my right toe when sitting in the driver seat? Late 2019 UK p- with HW 3.

I think that means no converter needed, just one of the ethernet cables?

One of these:
Screenshot_2024-04-21-16-12-40-17_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
Not one of these:

It does, but you need a matenet to h-mtd cable and an ixindustrial to rj45 Ethernet cable.

I actually have one with the appropriate cables that I’ve been meaning to sell or rent out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Adam3
Hi, had to register just for this topic, since I might be interested retrofitting my headlight to matrix versions.
I have read this topic about few weeks ago, but was someone able to confirm that the matrix headlights work as intented in EU where the adaptive matrix SW is already enabled?

Can't speak for EU but I'm in the UK.. changing the configuration value 28 to 2 tells Tesla enables the adaptive matrix featureset to be deployed on your car. As far as "the mothership" is concerned your car came like that from the factory, in configuration terms (at least for that value) there is no difference.

Can't speak for EU but I'm in the UK.. changing the configuration value 28 to 2 tells Tesla enables the adaptive matrix featureset to be deployed on your car. As far as "the mothership" is concerned your car came like that from the factory, in configuration terms (at least for that value) there is no difference.
That's what i'm aware of, since there is also need for firmware re-installation.
Probably just need to start sourcing for some global headlights.

Reactions: Durzel
Yep. Other options are similar. Most don’t require software reinstall, but headlights do.

You need the toolbox proxy application for service shell to work. There is a link to that within toolbox
I’ve received my global lights, and plan to do the install during the week, or over the weekend. I have previously used Toolbox to config power liftgate retrofit. But I have no experience with using the service shell.
I’m planning for a one hour Toolbox subscription. So I’m trying to be as prepared as I can be. Do we know for sure that the toolbox proxy application is needed? Is this something I can install prior to the active subscription, or is it just a five minute job while I’m in the one hour window?
Thanks in advance for all the great sharing of info related to this.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Out of curiosity asked price for global headlight from Tesla (Finland).
Got a price of 833.05€/pcs (without taxes, which is 24% for car parts in Finland).
It doesn’t really make financial sense to do this retrofit without sourcing the parts second hand, I don’t think. Brand new headlights are very expensive. I got both my matrix headlights from eBay for a lot less than that, and one of them was “new old stock”.

Reactions: E90alex