TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New home router

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by monbri, Dec 25, 2016.

1. monbri

monbri Member

i had to get a new router from Comcast. Now I can't get Model S to connect. Any ideas? I have already restarted the screen.

2. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Make sure your ssid and password are the same as your last router or make sure it's changed in the model s. Make sure mac filtering isn't causing issues also.

• Helpful x 1
  3. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Did you do the following?
    1. Touch LTE or 3G icon on screen. It will now look for WiFi in the area.
    2. Find the SSID of your new router and touch it. Now it will ask for Password.

If your router is set to not broadcast the SSID, then you will have to set it to broadcast it.

4. Dstrohl

Dstrohl Member

In addition, there have been a few other issues that TMC members have found:

• If your home network uses addresses like 192.168.20.x the car wont connect (it probably uses that range internally)
    • The car is restricted to using the b and g 2.4Ghz ranges, which are often majorly oversubscribed in certain areas. it's possible that the new router chose a channel that just doesn't work as well for you.
    • There was a reported instance where a local DNS server was not able to handle larger responses from Tesla. This is unlikely to be a problem unless your router is caching requests locally.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Dstrohl

Dstrohl Member

Ummm, why the dislike flag @Snerruc ?

6. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

S
    sorry, my finger hit it by accident.