Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new icon next to the dashcam icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new icon that looks like a camera flash, or a sunshine, or a light source. It's left of the dashcam icon. I can't find any information about it, and all it does when I interact with it it turn a small red dot in the center on and off. It only appears while in park.

That may be the reason for the change, but mine does nothing except turn the dot on and off (yes I have storage installed)
As others have noted, the change being discussed here is about the visual appearance of the Sentry Mode activation icon. For help with using Sentry Mode, you may want to jump on the other existing threads here devoted to the discussion of Sentry Mode questions and issues.

Reactions: C141medic
Why the heck didn't Tesla even think about copyright infringement when using the HAL image? Hope they did their research with the new image because that one is from video game Portal. Wish they had just used an image of an eye that looked in the direction of the camera that triggered Sentry Mode.

Reactions: kavyboy
Why the heck didn't Tesla even think about copyright infringement when using the HAL image? Hope they did their research with the new image because that one is from video game Portal. Wish they had just used an image of an eye that looked in the direction of the camera that triggered Sentry Mode.

Maybe because they figured it was only good for the owners of 2001 to be linked to Tesla and since they open sourced their patents because they innovate so fast that no one would be stupid enough to whine about using an obscure reference graphic...

so far the Spaceballs people haven’t made any gripes about ludicrous and plaid...