Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funding is supposed to run out today at 9pm according to the site Eligible Vehicles | Charge Up New Jersey (njcleanenergy.com)
Dealerships will have until May 1st 9pm to submit all eligible paperwork. Basically if you have your order in before 9pm today you qualify. I hope that helps
Thanks, saw the website but still not clear. We ordered late Jan and still waiting for VIN/delivery. So wondering if the dealer can/would have submitted our paperwork as the order has been placed or they can only submit after the delivery. If it is the latter case and delivery doesn't happen by May 1st, then no rebate?

I noticed in the T&Cs for the NJ vehicle eligibility it lists "autonomous upgrades" per the screenshot below. Does this mean software additions like EAP/FSD would be included in the MSRP price cap calculation? Asking for a friend. :cool:

1681911799847.png

I noticed in the T&Cs for the NJ vehicle eligibility it lists "autonomous upgrades" per the screenshot below. Does this mean software additions like EAP/FSD would be included in the MSRP price cap calculation? Asking for a friend. :cool:

View attachment 929896
Yes software upgrades are included in the price calculation of MSRP in terms of the rebate only at point of sale. If you add the software updates after getting the car then it doesn't matter. You have to see which permutation/combination i.e. pre/post sales give you the most bang for the buck.

I've ordered my model 3, before the cut of date 9:00 pm Apr 17, 2023, but Tesla does not want to provide me the rebate. They said the money are already run off despite the explanation from NJ Board of Public Utilities clarified this:

"A letter issued by the NJBPU Secretary’s Office provides details on this action, giving applicants sufficient time to accept delivery of their vehicle and complete the purchase and lease paperwork for vehicles ordered within the eligibility window (July 25, 2022 through 9:00 p.m. ET on April 17, 2023) while still accommodating any delays due to supply chain disruptions. Dealerships and showrooms will be required to enter all eligible orders as described in the updated Terms and Condition"

Funds for the (NJ) rebate have been exhausted for the '22/'23 year.
The state assembly might approve another rebate. They typically they meet to discuss after July 1.
Thanks, saw the website but still not clear. We ordered late Jan and still waiting for VIN/delivery. So wondering if the dealer can/would have submitted our paperwork as the order has been placed or they can only submit after the delivery. If it is the latter case and delivery doesn't happen by May 1st, then no rebate?
In the august 2022, they sent all paperwork several days after we ordered to hold the rebate.

In the august 2022, they sent all paperwork several days after we ordered to hold the rebate.

I am in the same boat, ordered the vehicle on March 2nd, 2023, as per Tesla sales they apply the rebate at the time of delivery. Back in 2020/2021 when the program started I had seen a flow chart from Chargeup NJ which showed the rebate was reserved at the time of order, this was done because of supply chain issues, I can't seem to find that document. Based on what I am seeing in this document on page 8 https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/sites/default/files/docs/Charge_Up_NJ_EV_Dealer_Guidebook.pdf, where they are defining the transaction date is the date when the vehicle was delivered and it seems Tesla is following this process. The whole Chargeup NJ program has been confusing and messed up from day one because of the pandemic

Only available in NJ if you purchased the short range rear wheel drive model 3. This blows considerably for NJ buyers, but hey no tax on EV vehicle purchases. Also don’t be surprised by the $399 car registration fee yearly to make up for the gas tax.
They offer a $1,500 rebate for Teslas between $45k and $55k and the good news about the registration fee is that it's for four years.

Reactions: Rushore