Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone confirm that even in 2023 Tesla doesn't have sales tax in NJ. I saw these lists and 2023 list does not have Tesla. The 2022 list had them.
2023 list:
https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/drivegreen/zev-listings/treasury2023modelyearzevlisting.pdf

2022 list:
https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/drivegreen/zev-listings/treasury2022modelyearzevlisting-1.pdf
Ignore this, I had posted this last week but it look a while for the admins to approve my account. NJ now updated the list to include Model Y

I was told by chargeup that the model y will not be rebate eligible until Tesla submits an application. See below for their response:

Thank you for your email and interest in Charge Up New Jersey. OEMs and vehicle manufacturers have to submit a request to the Board of Public Utilities to have new vehicle models added to the eligible vehicle list. Once the screening process is completed, they will be added to the list. This is a process that the Charge Up New Jersey program administration has no control over.

Only vehicles listed on the eligible vehicle list may receive an incentive.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff

Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474

[email protected]

chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

The Y does get the $2000 rebate as well as no tax. However the NJ rebate is capped at 55k. This sadly include options like color. I just purchased a Y and with color, white seats and two hitch it was over 55k so no 2k off. Still no tax.

Does anyone know if the EV Charger Rebate is taxable income?
I wrote to the rebate administrators (ChargeUp NJ for the $4,000 new car rebate, and the $1,500 PSE&G EV Charging Program)
The new car rebate is not taxable
I haven't heard from the utility yet, but did get a 1099-Misc
Thanks!

Is the NJ EV rebate still active? It showed on the Tesla website until a few days ago and it is gone now. Any idea who I need to contact to get the answer?
Looks like fund is close to limit for this fiscal year. Check the site: