Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the $2k NJ rebate reduce purchase price of the vehicle allowing a buyer to add extra options (ie. tow hitch, color, etc) and still stay under the $55 Fed Tax Credit limit?

I don’t think so since MSRP is typically pre-incentives, but figured I’d ask.
I don’t believe you can add on extra options. Car has to be under 55k already to qualify for the 2k.

The order summary page shows the NJ rebate if you click show details, but it doesn't look like it's applied on the section where the final payment is calculated. For those that ordered, did you see the 2000.00 rebate show up after you placed the order and submitted the deposit?

The order summary page shows the NJ rebate if you click show details, but it doesn't look like it's applied on the section where the final payment is calculated. For those that ordered, did you see the 2000.00 rebate show up after you placed the order and submitted the deposit?
Yes, originally it showed the -2000 in summary and the pending balance of the deposit. After I paid the deposit and applied for loan it showed balance as Zero and still showed -2000. Just on the day of delivery ...it took out the -2000 and said I had a balance of $2000 before I can completed the final tasks. Still waiting for my account to get refreshed. Tried calling Springfield dealer no one is picking. Tried the Tesla chat...they are saying I need to work with the local delivery center(asked them to atleast send them a note to call me). Still waiting...

Yes, originally it showed the -2000 in summary and the pending balance of the deposit. After I paid the deposit and applied for loan it showed balance as Zero and still showed -2000. Just on the day of delivery ...it took out the -2000 and said I had a balance of $2000 before I can completed the final tasks. Still waiting for my account to get refreshed. Tried calling Springfield dealer no one is picking. Tried the Tesla chat...they are saying I need to work with the local delivery center(asked them to atleast send them a note to call me). Still waiting...
Same story, good news is I got response from charge up NJ saying the new prices are eligible for the rebate as long as the order date is on or after 01/12/2023. I guess we just need to wait from local delivery center to get back to us, I.m picking from springfield

Just wanted to provide update for everyone still waiting on the credit-- Apologies for delay!
On delivery day the error was not automatically corrected and the Service Advisor had to initiate a ticket for the credit to be removed from my account. The credit was applied approximately 30 mins before my scheduled delivery date/time however, I am unsure if this is universally the case. The balance remaining became 0 and I was able to unlock the vehicle via Tesla app on delivery date. One issue that I have is Delivery Declaration is not able to be viewed online under my vehicle's contracts and agreement tab, provides an HTML error.

@TProfit I do not see NJ sales tax listed added to my motor vehicle purchase agreement and was not charged for tax. I can confirm that tax was not charged at time of sale either.