Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
36 days here and still no word. Has anyone received approval recently? How long did that take?

how long is it currently taking to then receive the checks?

applied on 10/02. Approval email on 11/06 which says 30 days to receive check. I am just at that but you’re also supposed to get an email when they mail the check. Like everything else in the world COVID has delayed and slowed everything. You should get the approval email soon I would think based on my timeline. Be patient.

I emailed them last week to check in on my status and make sure spam filter didn’t grab any update it outstanding needs. They are still saying 45 days to approve 30 more for the check. I applied Oct 28th so hopefully in the next week or so I should hear I was at least approved.

• Informative
Reactions: MrWattson
I think it is taking them longer these because of more people applying, COVID and year end. Just as a baseline in the initial days it was taking 12 weeks to receive checks. I was in the first 2000 applicants and following is my timeline for reference.

Applied - 7/16
Approved - 7/19
Check mailed - 10/17

• Helpful
Reactions: Reborn
It took over 60 days from the "Approved" email till when my check was mailed.

Approval email - 8/11
Check mailed - 10/15

One of my last emails to them was a suggestion of changing the turn around time on checks to more than 30 days in their approval emails in order to better manage expectations. "Thanks, we'll take it under advisement"

Applied 10/02
Approval Email 11/06
Check Mailed Email 12/09

I’m pretty impressed. Dry happy to be getting it before the Holidays. Good luck for everyone else’s check arriving.

check arrived today 12/14 after getting the mailed check email on 12/09. Very impressed with this last part of the process. All in all just over 2 months to get $5000 back from initial application. A nice Christmas bonus.