Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think being a bit anxious (perhaps not real anxiety) is justified. They did cut the prior budget. Nothing to say that Murphy won't halt payments. I watch his news conferences and he constantly complains about the lack of federal money.

Oh, and they have been cutting or at least deferring. The homestead rebates weren't paid in May. NJ is now saying 2021. No word on whether they will even pay the senor freeze. If they are starting to renegade on filed tax rebate stuff for the poor and senors I think it's reasonable to be a little nervous on rebates for people buying expensive cars.

It makes sense...esp with the perspective you added.

Does anyone know if the MVPA the same as the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement found in the 'Glovebox' section of your Tesla account? Sorry if a stupid question- I don't see anything labeled as MVPA under there, and didn't receive any other documents from my SA.

Besides MVPA and temporary registration- is there anything else you would recommend sending with the application?

Does anyone know if the MVPA the same as the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement found in the 'Glovebox' section of your Tesla account? Sorry if a stupid question- I don't see anything labeled as MVPA under there, and didn't receive any other documents from my SA.

Besides MVPA and temporary registration- is there anything else you would recommend sending with the application?
You also need a proof of residency. I sent a scan of my driver license. Total sent was 3 docs.
  1. The entire package I got with delivery ~15 pages
  2. Scan of the temp registration
  3. Scan of my driver's license
That got me approved. No check and I think I'm supposed to get a final email when the check is cut, but no email yet.

The process for me was:
  1. I started the application.
  2. Got an email to upload the docs.
  3. Uploaded above docs
  4. Got an acknowledgement email
  5. Waited for a few weeks and contacted them for a status
  6. Got a quick reply indicating I had not be reviewed yet
  7. Got an approval email about a month after #4
  8. Still waiting for that email that the check has been cut almost a month after #7

• Helpful
Reactions: NashEquilibr
You also need a proof of residency. I sent a scan of my driver license. Total sent was 3 docs.
  1. The entire package I got with delivery ~15 pages
  2. Scan of the temp registration
  3. Scan of my driver's license
That got me approved. No check and I think I'm supposed to get a final email when the check is cut, but no email yet.

The process for me was:
  1. I started the application.
  2. Got an email to upload the docs.
  3. Uploaded above docs
  4. Got an acknowledgement email
  5. Waited for a few weeks and contacted them for a status
  6. Got a quick reply indicating I had not be reviewed yet
  7. Got an approval email about a month after #4
  8. Still waiting for that email that the check has been cut almost a month after #7
Thank you Spokey- this is very helpful. Did the package you received with delivery include the MVPA? If so- do you know if it's called "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement"? I'm getting confused reading MVPA and seeing MVOA. Maybe they are the same thing?

Thank you Spokey- this is very helpful. Did the package you received with delivery include the MVPA? If so- do you know if it's called "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement"? I'm getting confused reading MVPA and seeing MVOA. Maybe they are the same thing?

The second page is an MVPA / Vehicle Configuration which I believe is the same as what I originally had (assume is still the same) as the glovebox. base msrp + options + fees.

The third page is also called MVPA but / Final Price Sheet. It takes the above total and adds NJ registration, title, and other (?) fees in a sort of ledger format with the final amount I had to write a check for.

If you did a lease or loan, my understanding is that the docs are somewhat different. Maybe someone with those can chime in. I paid cash and that's what I ended up with. The rest consists of forms for the title, registration, POA (to do the title & registration I guess), etc. The total was 12 pages.

Was the MVOA something you saw on the NJ site? I have a vague recollection of reading (perhaps at the NJ FAQ) something that spoke to a form (perhaps your MVOA) and then said something about non-traditional dealers and I think specifically mentioned Tesla. At any rate, I sent in the entire package figuring they could plow through it and pick the right thing.

Not to be a debbie downer (as they say)

mine -
Dear Xxxxxxx,

Congratulations! Your Charge Up New Jersey Incentive application has been approved for your Tesla Model Y for $5,000.00.

We typically issue checks within 30 days of application approval. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
email date - 10/8/2020, 8:07 PM

check? nada

But I guess my heirs will have fun with it.

Not to be a debbie downer (as they say)

mine -
Dear Xxxxxxx,

Congratulations! Your Charge Up New Jersey Incentive application has been approved for your Tesla Model Y for $5,000.00.

We typically issue checks within 30 days of application approval. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
email date - 10/8/2020, 8:07 PM

check? nada

But I guess my heirs will have fun with it.

Still waiting here too. Yikes as I didn't get my approval email until 10/28 so looks like I have some more waiting to do.

My check was supposed to have been sent a long time ago, and it never came. I had them void it to send me a new check, thinking it was lost in the mail, but the new one still hasn't come either. I'm starting to worry they don't know how to mail mail.

Application submitted 8/14
Application approved 8/28
Check sent 11/9

Also, I'm active duty military (on orders in NJ) and had no problems receiving the rebate while maintaining my "official" residency in FL. The car does have NJ tags though. I just sent them a copy of my orders and DL.