Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWD line is different from First Production. It's based on reservation time alone, time zone adjusted. With FP about 50% of reservations got the invite. With AWD the percentage is less at this time. So, you may have more people in front of you in this new line and no one will get their AWD until July.

Did Tesla announce that, or is that based on observation of who's getting invites when?

It matches my experience: I'm a Model S owner with a late November 2016 Model 3 reservation. I received the initial invite to configure in February but indicated I'd wait for for AWD and nothing yet. Every day that goes by my resolve to wait for AWD lessens...

I'm just curious and would be interested to read any announcement about AWD invitation priority if there is one.

Did Tesla announce that, or is that based on observation of who's getting invites when?

It matches my experience: I'm a Model S owner with a late November 2016 Model 3 reservation. I received the initial invite to configure in February but indicated I'd wait for for AWD and nothing yet. Every day that goes by my resolve to wait for AWD lessens...

I'm just curious and would be interested to read any announcement about AWD invitation priority if there is one.
What time did you reserve on 3/31/16? Right now, I believe we have confirmations of AWD orders up to 12:32 Eastern time (11:32 Central time, 10:32 Mountain time, 9:52 Pacific time).

You might want to check out this thread if you haven't already: So who actually has configured their P or AWD?
You might want to check out Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation too.

Edit: Looks like ModerateFan beat me to it.

Last edited:

There's thread from people who called and talked to Tesla Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation

• Love
Reactions: swaltner
Hope that tweet refers to ALL the 4/1 reservations 'cause I think I made my reservation late in the day :( and I'm on the east coast.

There was no preference given to the west coast reservation holders. They went off local time. Eastern time zones are moved up in the queue.

I made my res sometime at zero dark thirty after the presentation. I had a problem ordering after the show, took a nap, got up while it was dark, and ordered. Between 3am-6am Apr 1 best I can tell. I had me listed as March 31 at first. I had a mission-critical flight hardware problem at work on the Line Up Day, so I could not stop a launch to wait in a line at a soup kitchen.

No invite, 2 'delivery' date moves, <7 weeks before they need to move me up again.

===================================================================================================

Sidebar -

And please... If you have been invited before June 1 or it's your second or higher invite, start a different thread. It is a completely different situation. We were promised to be invited before exports. We were not. This is for folk who have not been invited at all.

Most of the early reservation holders have not been invited. You have. Just be happy and post in a "I've been waiting 2 months for my delivery and I'm pissed" thread. :D

• Funny
Reactions: DR61 and Ejl80
They are definitely going to miss some delivery windows. Even if they go full speed with delivery after July 1st they can only ship and deliver so many before the end of July, not to mention they need to alleviate the backlog from those already invited. I've accepted that I will be lucky to get an August delivery for my May-July window if I decide on the first production and it makes me doubt I can get the full credit if I choose AWD.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
They are definitely going to miss some delivery windows. Even if they go full speed with delivery after July 1st they can only ship and deliver so many before the end of July, not to mention they need to alleviate the backlog from those already invited. I've accepted that I will be lucky to get an August delivery for my May-July window if I decide on the first production and it makes me doubt I can get the full credit if I choose AWD.
The $7500 will last through the rest of 2018 assuming they hit 200,000 deliveries in July.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yes, I know. My point is I have my doubts they can deliver AWD in 2018 if I choose it. I am estimated at "Late 2018".
Why don't you wait until you get the invite to configure AWD, and see what the estimates are at that time? First Production will be much faster, or at least it seems so, so why not just wait, and if you think AWD would be pushing too close to Jan 1, go with First Production. You'd be way ahead in the queue for First Production.

Reactions: jsrawa
Why don't you wait until you get the invite to configure AWD, and see what the estimates are at that time? First Production will be much faster, or at least it seems so, so why not just wait, and if you think AWD would be pushing too close to Jan 1, go with First Production. You'd be way ahead in the queue for First Production.

Yeah, I agree. That's my plan for now. I am still disappointed that I haven't seen an invite yet.