Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May - July time frame, Los Angeles area resident here. Haven't been invited yet.

I suspect the rumors of Tesla holding deliveries / "sales" until after July 1st to extend the EV credit lifetime are true.

But if you consider the 4-6 week estimated delivery window, one could assume invites should go out this week as the end of the week would put you at nearly the end of July if it takes 6 weeks. July has 5 weeks (last few days fall in the 5th week).

Hopefully they go out this week. I've waited this long that I won't consider buying anything else... but I'm getting more and more impatient nevertheless haha.

takemymoney.jpg

May - July time frame, Los Angeles area resident here. Haven't been invited yet.

I suspect the rumors of Tesla holding deliveries / "sales" until after July 1st to extend the EV credit lifetime are true.

But if you consider the 4-6 week estimated delivery window, one could assume invites should go out this week as the end of the week would put you at nearly the end of July if it takes 6 weeks. July has 5 weeks (last few days fall in the 5th week).

Hopefully they go out this week. I've waited this long that I won't consider buying anything else... but I'm getting more and more impatient nevertheless haha.

View attachment 308751

They really have until next Tuesday to get us invites and deliver in the 4-6 weeks to hit the window. I have a suspicion we might see some invites end of this week and some beginning of next. There is no question in my mind that this is all related to the tax credit, unfortunately us May-July window holders had to take a hit for the team.

Reactions: DR61
They really have until next Tuesday to get us invites and deliver in the 4-6 weeks to hit the window. I have a suspicion we might see some invites end of this week and some beginning of next. There is no question in my mind that this is all related to the tax credit, unfortunately us May-July window holders had to take a hit for the team.

I agree, its 99% due to the tax credit situation and likely 1% due to some April invites having their timeline shifted.

One of the managers at my job complained to me that he was a April to June window holder and he got an email last Thursday saying that Tesla got more orders than expected in April and that they apologize greatly but his reservation will be fulfilled in the upcoming months -- which means most likely after July like for us as well. However, this makes me think that some of us May - July holders may have to wait a bit longer if they need to back-fill people from April, especially since the delivery window is just an estimate.

Hoping that its sometime soon. Getting really tired of waiting and the argument for purchasing a $56,000 car instead of a $25,000-$30,000 recent year CPO/Used German entry level luxury sedan or Audi Q5 keeps getting weaker and weaker. I've waited this long though, so I might as well just wait.

Fortunately for Tesla, last night I pulled up to an Arco to fill up with $40.00 of gas (now at $3.79/g in L.A.) and the pump broke and wouldn't pump because it was stuck on a previous customer's transaction/fueling. I spent 35 minutes trying to communicate with the cashier who claimed I didn't give him the $40.00. Finally, after those 35 minutes, he agreed to allot it to another pump only after I asked to call the station owner and have him review the camera footage. That experience made me want to swear off ICE completely; I'll take charging overnight at home and sitting at a supercharger for 15-30 minutes on a long distance trip over forgetting to get gas earlier in the day and driving to a gas station near midnight only to argue with a cashier.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsrawa
Hoping that its sometime soon. Getting really tired of waiting and the argument for purchasing a $56,000 car instead of a $25,000-$30,000 recent year CPO/Used German entry level luxury sedan or Audi Q5 keeps getting weaker and weaker. I've waited this long though, so I might as well just wait.

Exactly my thought but with a reliable Japanese sedan for me. But I know if I go with an ICE now, I’ll regret it later when it’s finally my turn to configure. I’ve done it too many times already and every time I want to kill myself for it.

Exactly my thought but with a reliable Japanese sedan for me. But I know if I go with an ICE now, I’ll regret it later when it’s finally my turn to configure. I’ve done it too many times already and every time I want to kill myself for it.

Same. I'm just waiting impatiently. I've even tweeted at Musk with memes regarding when another batch of May-July will get an invite in the extremely small chance he'd reply.

Also, I can't stand the dated feel of the cars after having rented a Model 3 on Turo; say what you will about the screen being the single point of control on the car, but the tech experience is unparalleled save for the media player.

Besides initial first gen quality concerns, my only gripes about buying one during the first year are that there are basically no options to differentiate the interior (I have a love/hate relationship with the interior "wood" panel) and I am not in love with any of the colors. Yes, some of the colors look nice... but my heart was broken when I saw the blue (to me it looks more on the purple side most of the time). I want baby blue, or a lighter dark blue! :(

I'll settle for Midnight Silver Metallic with an eventual chrome delete though.

The longer I wait the more I question if I really NEED a 60k car. The problem is that nothing even comes close to the 3 IMHO. Tesla has me right where they want me. I keep telling my wife my invite is coming anyday now, if I have to keep saying it she might kill me.

Reactions: Padresfreak01
My co-workers keep asking when I'm going to get my 3 and I keep having to push it off, saying I should get an invite anytime now. And I always get a quizzical look and the question "Invite?" and its almost embarrassing to explain.

But after having gotten to drive one Sunday of last week, coupled with a nice pay raise...the invite can't come soon enough.

I keep telling my wife my invite is coming anyday now, if I have to keep saying it she might kill me.

The longer I wait the more I question if I really NEED a 60k car. The problem is that nothing even comes close to the 3 IMHO. Tesla has me right where they want me. I keep telling my wife my invite is coming anyday now, if I have to keep saying it she might kill me.

Lol, for me it’s my immediate family. They joke I’ll get a car from Santa in time for Christmas.

My co-workers keep asking when I'm going to get my 3 and I keep having to push it off, saying I should get an invite anytime now. And I always get a quizzical look and the question "Invite?" and its almost embarrassing to explain.

Same situation here. Two people in my building have one. A few managers are reservation holders along with me. I can’t count amount of times I get asked if I’ve gotten one yet while waiting in the elevator lobby. Everyone is confused when I say I haven’t been invited yet; my remark is always “Tesla is so special they make you wait for the honor to pay them.”

I got the same look when I reserved 2 years ago. A few co-workers even asked what color I ordered....now I am trying to explain to the same coworkers how the invite process works.