Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New lift gate options in Australia different to the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little confused what's included when it comes to the rear power liftgate in Oz. The website seems to say the automatic lift gate is standard, but it's not in the US and there is no mention of a power liftgate in the Premium Upgrade package but it is part of the package on the US site. This must be a typo/error, but a one strange one if it is. Would love to think it's included, always thought it should be, but then it's not in the US so not sure why it would be here. Curious.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 9.31.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 9.30.53 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 9.30.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 9.30.53 AM.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 38
I think you'll find it's a typo and should have been included as an included option in the "Premium Upgrades Package" on the Australian site rather than in the standard included options.....I can't see Tesla making Premium and Standard Features different between countries and when other manufactures are still charging for the auto lite-gate option at $1500+ I think it'll still be a paid feature.

Hope you get it free though ;-)

-ECIT

I think you'll find it's a typo and should have been included as an included option in the "Premium Upgrades Package" on the Australian site rather than in the standard included options.....I can't see Tesla making Premium and Standard Features different between countries and when other manufactures are still charging for the auto lite-gate option at $1500+ I think it'll still be a paid feature.

Hope you get it free though ;-)

-ECIT

I was hoping, but was just confirmed by my DS as a mistake and will be fixed this morning. :-(

I noticed the wording on supercharging a long time ago, in the US they've apparently had issues with SC abuse...I've not heard what happened in this regard.

I don't use the SC much as the hone overnight wall unit is more than enough, and with a 4 year old don't (yet) do any long distance trips...wouldn't really effect me....

-ECIT