Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New loud abnormal noise on my 2018 Tesla model 3 after closing the door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone please tell me what this new loud abnormal sound is after I park and close my door. I’ve read some thread, but it doesn’t sound like the normal “hmm”, or like there’s something in my fan. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2018 Tesla Model 3 Abnormal shut down sound .zip
    316.4 KB · Views: 72
I had a similar issue with a non-Tesla, it ended up being a leaf that had fallen through the intake and was slightly touching the fan blades. You can pull the plastic cover off and get closer to the fan to inspect
I hope you do not have hamster mode enabled.
Thought it fart mode on steroids 😂
Once again promoting front grill mesh covers to keep that stuff from getting stuck inside
Fit 2017-2023 Tesla Model 3 Front Grill Mesh Bumper Grille Grid Inserts (ABS Gloss Black Grills) https://a.co/d/8u81Mao
Thank You! I will get one after I have my front end repainted!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does the fan make noise or is it off and makes noise?
Can you open my video file attached? It after I park & close my door, when it’s in the process of shutting down. And that is the ONLY time it does it. I have had it since 2018, almost 100,000 miles. I sent in a repaire inquiry & estimate came back @ “$188 for noise”…so I’m assuming that perhaps something did get up in the fan area….but still doesn’t make sense to me while ONLY happens on immediate closure of door- @ very beginning of “shut down/cool down” mode. If you can’t open attachment, pls let me know! It’s a sound I never had until a few days ago. So I’m going to do what Colex suggested in post & take off that plastic. Intake over 12volt battery & take a look 🤞…can’t be much of anything being only $200….but still why only happens at 1 particular time in entire drive/park mode - what part ONLY works after upon door closure???!!! Thank You!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a similar issue with a non-Tesla, it ended up being a leaf that had fallen through the intake and was slightly touching the fan blades. You can pull the plastic cover off and get closer to the fan to inspect
I’m sorry Colex, I thought I wrote a response yesterday?! Thank You, I will try that! But it’s weird, it ONLY does it after I park & close the door!!!! & it’s immediately after it close it. So I’m wondering what parts only work at that moment. I have had her for 5 yrs & almost at a 100,000 miles! Love this car, she’s been awesome! No issues except almost all highway miles, lots of paint chips from hey construction road debris, & front windshield replaced 2x, & rear one replaces 1x! Plus normal maintenance: tires, wipers, 12V battery, cabin filter- all which I YouTube’s & did myself lol!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Attachments

• IMG_7181.jpeg
    IMG_7181.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0