Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3P Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much do they charge roughly on Agile for the peak times of 16:00 - 19:00?

I'm not sure how to easily get an average off that site but for 2020 the averages for the North West have been:

16:00-16:30 - 20.5018 p/kWh
16:30-17:00 - 22.5840 p/kWh
17:00-17:30 - 22.7787 p/kWh
17:30-18:00 - 24.1844 p/kWh
18:00-18:30 - 24.1881 p/kWh
18:30-19:00 - 23.2053 p/kWh

Reactions: seadog
It varies every day. These pictures show today’s charges.

Attachments

• 37E2BEE2-D721-4BAE-B196-7471933A307A.jpeg
    37E2BEE2-D721-4BAE-B196-7471933A307A.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 8855C1A5-2BE6-4988-B058-AC122929D653.jpeg
    8855C1A5-2BE6-4988-B058-AC122929D653.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
How does the tariff work, do you get an app to download with the tarriffs? How far in advance do they tell you the rates? Can you set trigger warnings above and below certain rates? We're often not home till around 5:30 - 6PM, so that's half the peak time gone, we could try to minimise our usage at the rest of the peak times.

Since they measure what you consumed every 30 mins, they can produce a bill based upon the daily rates. They are given you to 24 hours in advance, but the pattern is the same: it is very high between 16:00 and 19:00.

You can use IFTTT to get warnings, but I haven’t found the need to do that.

The power required to charge my car dwarfs the rest of my domestic consumption. If it is convenient and I remember, I use the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer outside that peak period, but I don’t sweat about it.

How does the tariff work, do you get an app to download with the tarriffs? How far in advance do they tell you the rates? Can you set trigger warnings above and below certain rates? We're often not home till around 5:30 - 6PM, so that's half the peak time gone, we could try to minimise our usage at the rest of the peak times.
The rates are published at around 4PM and cover until 11PM the next day. You just log in to your account to see the rates.

Thankyou. I'm thinking of modifying my low latency data logger with real world usage tarrif info so I can directly compare so it would use the API anyway.

Another question for anyone used the API - "4PM and cover until 11PM the next day" so double data for 4pm to 11pm - is this always consistent with each other over consecutive days or can 4pm on second day give conflicting readings to the initial data set?

You might find this site handy.

Thanks, but I knew about that (see my post at top of this page recommending it as a source) but I'm after forthcoming data via api from official source. I've worked with data sets and api's long enough to know not to rely on third party sources,

Last edited:
Another question for anyone used the API - "4PM and cover until 11PM the next day" so double data for 4pm to 11pm - is this always consistent with each other over consecutive days or can 4pm on second day give conflicting readings to the initial data set?
At 4PM they publish data for 24 hours from 11PM-11PM and don't change the previously published data or have double data

Should add it is around 4PM as well. I've seen close to 7PM before but it is usually before 4:15

• Helpful
Reactions: seadog and MrBadger
move to Octopus for the Go tariff

Don't think it has been mentioned and I'm sure obvious ...

4 hours is (I think??) 80 - 110 miles (depending on driving style and Summer/Winter)

Preconditioning for departure is unlikely to be done by 4 AM :) so if, particularly in Winter, you want to charge for an hour before departure to warm the battery, and turn on Climate, that might need some consideration. If range is tight and/or "several days a month i need more" then E7/similar might be a better choice.

For anyone coming from ICE rather than existing EV the point might be a bit moot given Electron Juice is 4x - 8x cheaper than Dinosaur Juice

We recently changed to Go (long term Octopus customer) so have lots of real world costs, but not so many on Go.

Cost wise (on top of charging elsewhere)
Octopus variable, approx £4-5 once per week ~ 40%
Octopus Go, approx £1.80 spread over a few charges per week (we topup by % so not exact end time) ~33% total

So in our situation, Go seems to give us a saving of around £3 per week. Approx 1k miles per month.

Apologies for publishing potentially incorrect info that others may use to base their decisions on. End result is likely to be the same though.

The £1.80/per week will too low as I based my numbers from TeslaFi actuals forgetting that it only used hourly timeslots for pricing so TeslaFi using wrong standard rate pricing for possibly last 30 minutes or so (we topup by 11% rather than stop at explicit time so exact charge duration varies slightly). So reality is probably 15-20p charge cheaper (£1.80 now £1.30 ish) but this is largely offset by forgetting to mention the standing charge difference (25 vs ~17p) of approx 50p/week. So still around £3/week difference, give or take.

Reactions: Roy W.