Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3SR vs LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went around this battery longevity mulberry bush a few times. I ended up believing that both batteries will last way longer than I or even the next owner will need them too, even if not treated most carefully.

I went with the LR because I felt happier driving it. My purchase is an indulgence rather than a necessity, so I'm ok with the $10k premium ($14k given the SR qualifies for a WA rebate).

The NMC battery suits my needs better: I'll charge at home (hopefully mostly with excess solar) and, working from home, I can dribble kw between trips each day, keeping a tight SOC band - so LFP's need to charge to 100% weekly would be a hassle for me.

Good when heart and head settle on the same decision ... wallet misses out, though.

Reactions: sishome
For me it was a no brainer for the LR. No other car offers so much more for only $10k extra!! Power, AWD, range, sound system & sweet sweet alcantara.

100% this for me. It's not that much more and you get a lot more car. I keep my cars for a long time so I felt like I would always kick myself for not spending a bit more.

But my wife who more treats it to get from A to B the SR would be perfect for.

Has anybody noticed higher phantom drain on the LR? I’m comparing my Model 3 LR (highland) to my Model Y SR (2022). Overnight, my Model Y doesn’t lose any % at all, where as the Model 3 is losing a couple of %. I remember when my model Y did that I haven’t set sentry to exclude the home location. Already checked the setting is on the model 3. Could it be something related to premium connectivity and having mobile access enabled? I haven’t subscribed to that on the Model Y.

I wouldn't worry too much about battery % dropping overnight unless it does this every night... Happened to me a few times, it's probably BMS doing its work... there are just so many other variables that affect % as well (temperature and etc).

I went back and forth on the LR/SR. So much of the car is identical. Faster acceleration, more speakers and different door inserts, NMC battery on the LR ... and the extra $$$. An impulse buy for me in the end after a very parsimonious year.
I went with rwd as I just mostly commute to work with the odd trip, and the rwd is plenty fast for me. Each to their own, they are all fantastic cars!

Reactions: TM3RWD and Jules22