Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply!

With regards to missing the delivery, after I ordered the car I was going through the next steps and when I put in my address it said they would need to do a home delivery... Which really doesn't make any sense because there is a delivery and service center about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't charge me anything extra... Yet... But that was a bit of a surprise since basically everyone picks it up from the delivery center. Have you heard of that before?
Overflowing lots at delivery centers sometimes are causing aggressive expansion of home delivery for nearby people.

Don’t freak. When something goes wrong folks need to vent. For every bad experience there were thousands of good ones- mine delivered three weeks early in perfect condition. But I wouldn’t schedule a vacation with the car the day after a scheduled delivery date, lol, get your zen on and you’ll be happier.

Don’t go crazy ordering stuff before you get your car. Having it in person will help you make better decisions on accessories.

I picked mine up Jul 3. Since then I’ve gotten new features: dash cam, Summon, better braking...this is the exciting bit about the car. The car keeps up with technology rather than becoming outdated.

Download and read the owners manual while you’re waiting.

Congrats!

Thank you! I am beyond excited! Picking it up Friday at 9:00am.

Yeah I've held off on the accessories except two items. I ordered the center console wrap because I know the fingerprints will drive me nuts, and I ordered a screen protector for the touchscreen.

Other than that I am waiting. I know I will need some solid all weather floor mats sooner rather than later though.

It's 100% electric.

Until you've experienced that, you don't know what it means. You will never want to drive a gasoline car again. Silent, smooth, responsive, relaxing, I could go on forever.

The Supercharger network (and many electric adapters) means you can go anywhere, which is why you won't want to drive other companies' electric cars either.

Dealing with the company can be nightmarish, but there is simply no car for sale anywhere which is comparable.

I've been on two test drives of the Model S, and I never wanted them to stop. I can only imagine what it will be like to drive this car full time! So excited!

Another P3D+ here, same color (in avatar) - that's my car at the Tesla showroom in Red Hook Brooklyn, NY.

Ahh that looks gorgeous! It only makes me even more excited for Friday! Do you have any pictures I could drool over in the mean time?

931067A6-74F9-4FA7-AE81-A00F8481F64F.jpeg
B9BB8C1B-C89D-4B49-AED4-657E72D322DF.jpeg
Sure...

• Love
Reactions: CullinKin
Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, after dreaming of owning a Tesla and saving up for the better part of my brief but present adult life, I finally pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I ordered the Performance Edition in Deep Blue Metallic with the Performance Upgrade and the White Leather. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo's and I am beyond stoked.

View attachment 342812

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm excited to be here.

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla? What surprised you? How would you sell someone on owning a Tesla?

Thanks,
CK
Welcome, I've got the Blue as well and absolutely love it. It's my first EV as well and I'll never go back. Delivery took five minutes and there were no issues with my car. Here's hoping your's is smooth as well.

Welcome, I've got the Blue as well and absolutely love it. It's my first EV as well and I'll never go back. Delivery took five minutes and there were no issues with my car. Here's hoping your's is smooth as well.

That is great news! That is another thing I am impressed with, is how easy the car buying process has been. No 4 hours at the dealership spent signing forms and wearing you down to just sell you more unnecessary packages. You order, go in, sign your purchase agreement, go over the car, and leave! So nice.

Reactions: Dana1 and whatthe2
67BA9F07-6D63-4DDC-84CF-3B8D6F197593.jpeg
67BA9F07-6D63-4DDC-84CF-3B8D6F197593.jpeg
That is great news! That is another thing I am impressed with, is how easy the car buying process has been. No 4 hours at the dealership spent signing forms and wearing you down to just sell you more unnecessary packages. You order, go in, sign your purchase agreement, go over the car, and leave! So nice.

You’re also coming from a GTI like I did.

You can see it in this shot... the last photo I ever had of it.

Hah how funny is that! Going from the same car to the same new car. Sounds like we are very alike. The GTI was a great car.

It was - I had the MKVII Autobahn Edition. I honestly think it's one of the most under-rated cars on the road - and I've driven a lot of cars in the last 25 years or so. It's well made, quiet, quick, practical, reliable (if you service it) and good looking. I was a VW fan for 2 decades... Diesel-Gate shook my confidence in them, and the way they handled it finished off my admiration for them.

Onward and upwards as they say - nothing touches this P3D+ (which rides quite a lot like a German car).

It was - I had the MKVII Autobahn Edition. I honestly think it's one of the most under-rated cars on the road - and I've driven a lot of cars in the last 25 years or so. It's well made, quiet, quick, practical, reliable (if you service it) and good looking. I was a VW fan for 2 decades... Diesel-Gate shook my confidence in them, and the way they handled it finished off my admiration for them.

Onward and upwards as they say - nothing touches this P3D+ (which rides quite a lot like a German car).

Yeah, Diesel-Gate was something else. I still cannot believe they did that. Oh well, it's been a great starter car and exactly as you said... Onward and upwards to the most amazing vehicles ever.

I picked up the Car yesterday and it is absolutely incredible! I can’t even right now. There were a couple of scuffs but they were happy to document and fix. And anything I find for the next 3 days too so that’s pretty cool. Here’s some eye candy...

EFD94D8F-983F-4975-A9D7-FE9645295405.jpeg

8D612EA7-B068-437F-A1DB-8495CC7E5889.jpeg

4A8D04FB-F733-42E1-A748-A655F2E3788D.jpeg

29DF7141-F148-458B-B286-768781727D14.jpeg

Ooh and I already made a Tesla friend :)
6895D5B3-65A1-4A63-94F7-AE47AA157810.jpeg

Reactions: Offandon