Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member...My Model 3 Performance ran 11.48

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super light wheels (Volk Te37), lowered a decent amount on coils and a front lip. The battery was at 94%
I was also surprised it went that fast. 2 runs after that it went 120 as well. View attachment 581618 View attachment 581621

Ah, you run at ATCO. Known for record trap speeds for years. What I find interesting is that your runs look virtually identical to mine time wise down the track. Especially the 11.401 and 11.398 runs. 60ft is within a couple hundredths, and all the segments down the track are within a couple hundredths. The 1/8 mile trap is within .5 to .8 mph and suddenly the 1/4 mile trap is almost 3mph higher. It doesn't make sense mathematically. I am also dropped on MPP sport coilovers btw.

Super light wheels (Volk Te37), lowered a decent amount on coils and a front lip. The battery was at 94%
I was also surprised it went that fast. 2 runs after that it went 120 as well.

Thanks for sharing. I think the majority who are only trapping 118 or less don't have the right combination of light wheels AND a really high charge. My buddy Michael was at 100% when he did his run but that's because there's actual Tesla destination chargers at the drag strip, which is pretty rare. I wouldn't be surprised if most people arrive at the track with less than 90%.

Would love to see pics of your car with those wheels. :)

Ah, you run at ATCO. Known for record trap speeds for years. What I find interesting is that your runs look virtually identical to mine time wise down the track. Especially the 11.401 and 11.398 runs. 60ft is within a couple hundredths, and all the segments down the track are within a couple hundredths. The 1/8 mile trap is within .5 to .8 mph and suddenly the 1/4 mile trap is almost 3mph higher. It doesn't make sense mathematically. I am also dropped on MPP sport coilovers btw.

Yea idk video is on my IG (d_norris9) lol, im just trying to drop my 60 ft and break into the 11.2s
Going to head back next Tuesday depending on the weather.

Thanks for sharing. I think the majority who are only trapping 118 or less don't have the right combination of light wheels AND a really high charge. My buddy Michael was at 100% when he did his run but that's because there's actual Tesla destination chargers at the drag strip, which is pretty rare. I wouldn't be surprised if most people arrive at the track with less than 90%.

Would love to see pics of your car with those wheels. :)
8.jpg
5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MagnusMako
Plenty of stock M3P's running 119.8, including my buddy whom I witnessed the run at the track and is rank 7 on dragtimes (Michael). That's only 1.2 mph less. I trap 119.8 in my AWD+ with wheels/rotors.

Still slower traps with more weight reduction modification. That was my point. He has a PUP car that is dropped, like mine with lightweight wheels and a lip. It ran similar traps to mine in the 1/8 and similar E.T.s all the way down the 1/4 mile, but magically picked up 3mph on the back end. As you can see from my post above I think ATCO has more to do with it than the light modification. ATCO has produced many record trap speeds in many different vehicle models.

Is it like a downhill track or what? That's a pretty big difference from the average time, almost 3-4mph higher.

Yea idk video is on my IG (d_norris9) lol, im just trying to drop my 60 ft and break into the 11.2s

Good luck man. Might be down to track prep. You could also try softening the dampers to allow for more weight transfer. (assuming you have the adjustable comfort coils.) Car looks HOT btw. I can't believe that over 2 decades after they debuted, the TE37 STILL makes basically anything they are installed on look hot as hell.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DNorris89