Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member, need your expertise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, picked up my S P100d in january, has cameras, hardware on it, just received 17.9.3 but still no autopilot functions, autosteer, or even adaptive cruise. Am I missing something or do I just need to keep waiting for further software updates? thank you

If you don't have any of those functions, even at low speeds (and assuming you bought eAP, of course,) I would give Tesla a call or stop by a service center - with that firmware version you should have some functionality in the U.S. and I think most other countries.

I'll have to check my bill of sale but at $155k I'd assume it has eAP. Let's say it doesn't, wouldn't there be basic functionality?

Nope. Without eAP, you get the safety functions only - automatic braking, etc. The included cruise control without eAP is a dumb cruise that simply holds a single speed.

eAP can be added after initial purchase, if desired. I haven't read of it, but it is entirely possible that a car where it was purchased got configured as if it wasn't, in which case the service center can straighten things out.

Nope. Without eAP, you get the safety functions only - automatic braking, etc. The included cruise control without eAP is a dumb cruise that simply holds a single speed.

eAP can be added after initial purchase, if desired. I haven't read of it, but it is entirely possible that a car where it was purchased got configured as if it wasn't, in which case the service center can straighten things out.

BOS says autopilot hardware, doesn't say eAP so I bet you're right. Thank you! I'll. All service center

Wasn't there some kind of "learning time" for an AP2 car at some point? I seem to remember some kind of delay before AP2 would start working. Or was that just when it was first being rolled out?

I'm thinking that's for the initial rollout, but I'm not sure. My AP1 X had 11 miles from the factory when I got it, and AP worked from the moment I got into it. I assume it'll be that way for AP2 cars now that eAP is partly functional.

Wasn't there some kind of "learning time" for an AP2 car at some point? I seem to remember some kind of delay before AP2 would start working. Or was that just when it was first being rolled out?
There was. I had the 3rd row seats put in a month ago and I asked them. They said to wait and it will be available but I feel like it's past that point. I haven't seen another 17.9.3 user that doesn't have any capabilities

There is a calibration period where the cameras are . . . calibrating (whatever that means), but that took all of about 30-45 minutes of highway driving. Really, it probably took a lot less than that, since a lot of that driving was in some pretty heavy rain.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX