Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all members, new member here. I am presently looking into the M3, always looking for change and i think this would be a good changeover from ICE vehicles.I am going to test drive MS on wed, just to see how much different these are. I did not reserve one yet because i would like to see it in person first, also it might be a good idea to let the mass productions go by and goes to normal, looking for long range model also would like to see how the smaller SUV comes along, Hope to be on here with more news on test ride, if anyone can add their 2 cents it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The deposit is refundable, so no risk in putting a deposit down on the M3. There will be plenty of opportunities to test drive one while you are waiting. In the mean time, you may as well test drive the Model S and Model X.... just for fun. Vroom, vroom.

Can I ask how your tesla is doing as far as quality and servicing over time

If you are a picky person, you might not like fit and finish quality.

I got Model S in 2012 and most people has not noticed uneven body panels and trim. When I pointed them out, they are like me: no big deal, not noticeable unless you are an expert.

My 2017 Model X panel, trim and paint quality are much better than the 2012 Model S.

I haven't gotten any minor or major issues with 2017 Model X so far.

For my 2012 Model S, I saved all my minor issues until I drive long distance to a Tesla Service center for an annual check up. They also applied Service Bulletins and proactively swapped out suspicious parts as well. With the latest 87,500 mile inspection, they swapped out my drive unit ($18,000) for free after they test drove my car and said the hum was louder than usual and I could still drive for many miles after warranty runs out but it doesn't hurt to be proactively so we won't have to deal with a 200 mile tow (one way distance, 400 mile round trip for purpose of tow fee but it's free for up to 500 miles) from my town to a Service Center.

An example for Model 3 fit and finish concerns shown in

Pictures of production Model 3s

upload_2017-8-7_11-5-43-png.240264

I have been very satisfied with Tesla performance, durability, quality, service... since 2012.

My only gripe is I wish there's a Service Center near my town.

Last edited:
If you are a picky person, you might not like fit and finish quality.

I got Model S in 2012 and most people has not noticed uneven body panels and trim. When I pointed them out, they are like me: no big deal, not noticeable unless you are an expert.

My 2017 Model X panel, trim and paint quality are much better than the 2012 Model S.

I haven't gotten any minor or major issues with 2017 Model X so far.

For my 2012 Model S, I saved all my minor issues until I drive long distance to a Tesla Service center for an annual check up. They also applied Service Bulletins and proactively swapped out suspicious parts as well. With the latest 87,500 mile inspection, they swapped out my drive unit ($18,000) for free after they test drove my car and said the hum was louder than usual and I could still drive for many miles after warranty runs out but it doesn't hurt to be proactively so we won't have to deal with a 200 mile tow (one way distance, 400 mile round trip for purpose of tow fee but it's free for up to 500 miles) from my town to a Service Center.

An example for Model 3 fit and finish concerns shown in

Pictures of production Model 3s

upload_2017-8-7_11-5-43-png.240264

I have been very satisfied with Tesla performance, durability, quality, service... since 2012.

My only gripe is I wish there's a Service Center near my town.
Thanks for info Tam if & when I get my M3 i will look for these issues, as far as a service car that should not be a problem there is one no more than about 15 miles from me thanks again keep me posted for any news in case i miss it