Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Mobile App Supercharger nag message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this. I couldn't find one dedicated to the "mobile app".

I just got a new alert from the Tesla mobile app that I've not seen before. I usually get 3 messages on my phone will Supercharging:

1. Started Charging
2. Almost Done
3. Completed/Done.

Now there's a 4th, "Please move your vehicle so others can charge" that came in 5 minutes after charging completed. And it repeated 10-15 minutes later.

The irony of it is that my car is parked at the San Rafael Service Center and they're the one's supercharging it. LOL

In my opinion, this is a good addition but not sure how effective it will be.

new-mobile-alter.jpg

The new post-charge 5 minute nag message showed up about a month ago (search Tesla Motors | for the post).

Glad to see it for the busier SCs at least. Wonder if it's geofenced for the busiest 5% of the network or if it's for all sites.

It's a good start. Wouldn't mind an in-screen reminder prior to charging and an addition to the "charging started at..." pushed alert that woild also advise people to return to their car a few minutes before the charge is done.

Building optimal habits takes time and is a lot easier if you don't have to unlearn a bunch of people's bad habits from afar as well.

If prepaid charging does become a reality for the Model 3, then according to the commented scripting (lol, btw) found ytdy there will be idle fees for the tardy. The tardy Model 3 owners who opted for prepaid charging, that is.

Two things.

First, I've been a proponent of changing this messaging forever. Costs nothing and has at least some potential benefit.

Second, @ChrisJ, they must have plugged my X in right after they unplugged your car, because I got the charging started notification not long afterwards. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisJ