Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 owner here:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So honored to join the club. Have had my Blue performance Model 3 for 12 days now. I have learned so much about the car and am learning much more by reading this forum and listening to the "Ride the Lightning" podcast. All of my friends and co-workers are just blown away by the car. They had no idea such a car exists. It's like i'm 10 years in the future when I'm in the car. Pretty sure I'm the first one in my town with a Model 3. Observations so far:
1) do not miss sirius XM at all. I love slacker and tunein and the music quality on slacker is much better than the sound quality on sirius on my ice car. I have sirius on my phone anyway so i'm saving $150
2) Tesla logistics worked fine. Painless delivery 26 days after I ordered, easy trade in, and just got my registration paperwork in the mail today. I have a new service center 80 miles from my house so I'm hopeful that any future repairs needed will be equally as painless. I have read many horror stories about Tesla logistics but so far so good for me.
3) all the neat bell and whistles from games, easer eggs, innovative controls , etc are great but the best part of the car to me is actually driving it. Every time I punch that accelerator it just puta a big smile on my face. Like Will Smith taking off in the alien spaceship in ID4 :)
4) I didn't buy the enhanced auto pilot because I don't feel it's perfected enough and may not be until I trade this one in on the next generation Tesla. But the regular autopilot is better than any I've ever had in a ice car.
5) to me getting this car reminds me of going from a flip phone to a iPhone years ago. It's such a paradigm shift that I never see me going back to ice vehicles.
6) I guess my biggest complaints about the car are i wish it was a true hatchback that would open the entire back area up and I wish the glass top directly overhead had a pullback shade. I also wish you could play your phone music thru usb cord instead of just bluetooth. And air suspension would have been nice too.

I'm in an area where Tesla are a dime a dozen (...well not exactly we all know that :)) so there's no longer any real excitement when people see it unless they've been living under a rock in Silicon Valley. It must be cool to be the first in your area and I envy you for geting to experience that fun. Glad to hear your delivery went well and you are enjoying the car. I think it helps people waiting for theirs and also for people considering buying to hear that. As to never going back, a very common expressed sentiment. We certainly don't miss the fragrance of gasoline.

How are you charging your car? Any road trips planned?

So honored to join the club. Have had my Blue performance Model 3 for 12 days now. I have learned so much about the car and am learning much more by reading this forum and listening to the "Ride the Lightning" podcast. All of my friends and co-workers are just blown away by the car. They had no idea such a car exists. It's like i'm 10 years in the future when I'm in the car. Pretty sure I'm the first one in my town with a Model 3. Observations so far:
1) do not miss sirius XM at all. I love slacker and tunein and the music quality on slacker is much better than the sound quality on sirius on my ice car. I have sirius on my phone anyway so i'm saving $150
2) Tesla logistics worked fine. Painless delivery 26 days after I ordered, easy trade in, and just got my registration paperwork in the mail today. I have a new service center 80 miles from my house so I'm hopeful that any future repairs needed will be equally as painless. I have read many horror stories about Tesla logistics but so far so good for me.
3) all the neat bell and whistles from games, easer eggs, innovative controls , etc are great but the best part of the car to me is actually driving it. Every time I punch that accelerator it just puta a big smile on my face. Like Will Smith taking off in the alien spaceship in ID4 :)
4) I didn't buy the enhanced auto pilot because I don't feel it's perfected enough and may not be until I trade this one in on the next generation Tesla. But the regular autopilot is better than any I've ever had in a ice car.
5) to me getting this car reminds me of going from a flip phone to a iPhone years ago. It's such a paradigm shift that I never see me going back to ice vehicles.
6) I guess my biggest complaints about the car are i wish it was a true hatchback that would open the entire back area up and I wish the glass top directly overhead had a pullback shade. I also wish you could play your phone music thru usb cord instead of just bluetooth. And air suspension would have been nice too.

Welcome! I've had my Performance 3 for two months now, and I still get giddy when I get to drive it just to get groceries.

Also, your biggest complaints are my biggest complaints, too, especially after driving a Model S. The trunk opening on the 3 is tiny, and the suspension is not as compliant as even the regular air suspension (pre-Raven update).

Welcome :)
I’ve also ordered a blue Model 3 Performance (two days after orders opened, June 2nd) and delivery is expected in August. I hope it will be in the first batch of RHD Model 3s to come into New Zealand - there is only one LHD Model 3 here, in the showroom, and it can’t be driven!

I’m expecting to use it for two long-ish commutes per week (120km each way), with only short trips in between, so plenty of time for slow-charging at home. I’m really looking forward to the car’s capabilities compared to both the Abarth 500 I currently drive, and the Leafs I’ve borrowed from work to try and make my trips electric before.

There are three Chademo/CCS chargers along the path of my regular trip, in case I need a top-up. The Leaf always needed a stop, which was an inconvenience as it added to the trip time. I’m glad the Model 3 has enough range to easily do what I need and also that it will work with CCS chargers (in our market) - great safety net. Tesla hasn’t put in many Superchargers yet (there are five dotted around the country, and they’ll need modifying to work with the Model 3).

It’ll be my first new car, didn’t get a chance to drive one before ordering, and with the service centre hours away, I hope I won’t have many problems :) I guess many of us have dived in at the deep end! Keep us updated on how yours goes.

Cheers
-Alex

Last edited:
Welcome :)
I’ve also ordered a blue Model 3 Performance (two days after orders opened, June 2nd) and delivery is expected in August. I hope it will be in the first batch of RHD Model 3s to come into New Zealand - there is only one LHD Model 3 here, in the showroom, and it can’t be driven!

I’m expecting to use it for two long-ish commutes per week (120km each way), with only short trips in between, so plenty of time for slow-charging at home. I’m really looking forward to the car’s capabilities compared to both the Abarth 500 I currently drive, and the Leafs I’ve borrowed from work to try and make my trips electric before.

There are three Chademo/CCS chargers along the path of my regular trip, in case I need a top-up. The Leaf always needed a stop, which was an inconvenience as it added to the trip time. I’m glad the Model 3 has enough range to easily do what I need and also that it will work with CCS chargers (in our market) - great safety net. Tesla hasn’t put in many Superchargers yet (there are five dotted around the country, and they’ll need modifying to work with the Model 3).

It’ll be my first new car, didn’t get a chance to drive one before ordering, and with the service centre hours away, I hope I won’t have many problems :) I guess many of us have dived in at the deep end! Keep us updated on how yours goes.

Cheers
-Alex

The Model 3 Performance is many different leagues from the Abarth, which - (sorry), is a wannabe performance car. Actually, it's not even a wannabe. It's a wannabe wannabe. It's a tiny car which makes loud, obnoxious noises JUST for the sake of making those noises, without actually going anywhere quickly. I've never seen a modern car make so much noise and have so little power, and I test-drove it to see what was what!

With the Performance 3, you'll be able to do 0-60mph and then ANOTHER Model 3 Performance can do 0-60 AFTER the first car does it - and the second Performance 3 will STILL hit 60mph before the single Abarth hits 60. Please name another modern car that makes that much noise and does 0-60 in miserable ~7 seconds. Exactly. I understand that not everyone cares about 0-60, but if a car is going to make THAT much noise, it better have something to show for it.

I've never been so annoyed with a car as I was with the Abarth. (slight exaggeration, but it did make me angry). That said, it's adorable af. I mean, gosh it's adorable (non-Abarth models).

And compared to the Leaf? Oy... where to even start.

Anyway, enjoy. You'll love it. It's a drug.

• Funny
Reactions: Scott7 and alexGS