Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does look pretty damn nice though! (Sorry Sriracha I wasn't admiring her front end)

1714374719199.png

Hmmm! I LOVE regen braking and one pedal driving. Our MYLR is 10 months old and there isn't a skerrik of brake dust on any of the wheels. Our old Benz had silver mag wheels and after a couple of weeks driving they were black on the inside and just dirty on the outside.

I get that some people like 1 pedal driving, but I am talking about this from a "pure drivers" point of view. And having blended brakes has ZERO to do with using more friction brakes and creating brake dust, if you put all of the regen onto the brake pedal, you still get full regen until it can't do no more, then you get friction brakes, just like in 1 pedal mopde , when its not going to de-accelerate fast enough, you move to the brake pedal.

This isn't a either or argument, I am advocating for choice.

Jules22 said:

Agree, there's no way I'd want to go back to two pedal or any kind of stupid blended system. One pedal is easy, if you want 'blended' you can always use the brake pedal.

Well that's not even possible with the Tesla firmware, and if it was, you wouldn't get regen when pressing the brake pedal and therefore lose efficiency. Seriously, I don't get why we can't have choice. I guess 30 years of driving performance cars and owning two Tesla's doesn't yet give me enough cachet to have a valid opinion, I'll correct myself.... everything Tesla decides is perfect, can do no wrong.

Last edited:
I ordered the red with white seats M3P.... I'm having second thoughts. I love the red right now, but I hope I keep liking it. Ive never owned a red car before.
I really like the silver and its also a safer colour.

I've ordered the same.

I am more worried ahout the seats, my current 3 has white seats and they still look brand new (even after 4 years), however they do not have vents so it has been a little worried.

I've ordered the same.

I am more worried ahout the seats, my current 3 has white seats and they still look brand new (even after 4 years), however they do not have vents so it has been a little worried.
From what ive read, and it might be still too early to have a definitive answer, the perforated white seats have been fine in regards to cleaning and pubes etc. Not my cup of tea, but keep us in the loop when you get the car!

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
It weird that there is such a big difference in range in M3P vs M3LR. According to the WLTP range on tesla website

Model 3 P 528km vs Model 3 LR 629km (16% less range)
Model Y P 514km vs Model Y LR 533km (3.5% less in range)

Maybe the new rear motor is lower on efficiency and focus on power. The all use the same battery pack.

It weird that there is such a big difference in range in M3P vs M3LR. According to the WLTP range on tesla website

Model 3 P 528km vs Model 3 LR 629km (16% less range)
Model Y P 514km vs Model Y LR 533km (3.5% less in range)

Maybe the new rear motor is lower on efficiency and focus on power. The all use the same battery pack.

Maybe the LG battery (Shanghai produced Ps) vs the Panasonic (USA produced Ps) in the old Model 3P?

I know the LG has less power output vs the Panasonic....maybe it is also slightly smaller...