Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model 3 without USS (parking sensor)

Should you reject the delivery and ask for a refund if car does not have parking sensor?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, not going to make a difference, Tesla will turn USS off in software anyway, so unless you never install an update its just a question of when USS stops working.

Besides, USS is mostly just annoying when you have cameras and mirrors.
I get the full orchestral effect reversing up our driveway because of shrubs either side, bing-bong, bong-bing, bada-bing, bada-bang!

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I just picked up a 3 without USS. I was originally pissed about the removal, but now OK with it. The repeater and rear camera view is all you need for backing into places. The only time USS was even remotely useful for me in my old 3 was when pulling into parking spots. Having the sensors on the from corners of the bumper was sort-of helpful. So far, I don't miss them. I also don't think it's a stretch for Tesla to get similar functionality from the cameras sometime in the next six months.

In reality, I never trusted the USS anyway since they couldn't detect narrow poles. No USS means a much cleaner looking bumper.

Reactions: Audietron
I use my sensors all the time when pulling into my garage or parking into a space. My son just picked up his M3 without the sensors and the few times that I drove his vehicle I really missed the sensors. I don't think they should have been removed until another solution was already implemented