Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S 19” Delivery Hold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add some speculation to the fire, someone on a MS Facebook group just posted this about s hold being put on 19” deliveries. I can’t vouch for the poster but see no reason why he would make this up…

”I just got off the Phone with Tesla at my delivery location. New Model S deliveries with 19" wheels are on hold pending Gov "safety" green lights using a darker metal than the lighter silver metal on previous gen wheel covers. They cannot tell me when the green light will be given or when my car will be delivered. I wish Tesla could make this right by allowing us to get 21" wheels and keeping the same price that we ordered the car at but they say due to the automated process you can't keep the price of the car itself at the price you ordered at. So I would need to add $4500 for the upgraded wheels plus another $5000 or $10000 depending on when you ordered. Its a frustration”

Just to add some speculation to the fire, someone on a MS Facebook group just posted this about s hold being put on 19” deliveries. I can’t vouch for the poster but see no reason why he would make this up…

”I just got off the Phone with Tesla at my delivery location. New Model S deliveries with 19" wheels are on hold pending Gov "safety" green lights using a darker metal than the lighter silver metal on previous gen wheel covers. They cannot tell me when the green light will be given or when my car will be delivered. I wish Tesla could make this right by allowing us to get 21" wheels and keeping the same price that we ordered the car at but they say due to the automated process you can't keep the price of the car itself at the price you ordered at. So I would need to add $4500 for the upgraded wheels plus another $5000 or $10000 depending on when you ordered. Its a frustration”
that is certainly the oddest most obscure most unbelievable reason I have heard yet 🤨

Yesterday I spoke to a TA at Mt. Kisco SC about my blank EDD. He didn’t know anything specific but said he was NOT aware of any 19s delivered yet. I mentioned the recent pics posted of a refresh with 19s in IL. He was very surprised to hear that because he wasn’t aware of any 19” deliveries. The situation is bizarre.