Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S ETA for UK Market - End Of 2022!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, when I ordered it was initially Q4 2021 but soon changed to the following year.
I was then told Q1 2022 ….🤷‍♂️

Tesla seems to have zero interest in building the S/X for the last 6 months+, the profit margins on the 3/Y are clearly enough to drive the right figures for end of quarter reports. It wouldn't actually surprise me if Elon sends out a Tweet to 'cancel' both the S/X so that Tesla can focus on the Cybertruck.

Tesla sales? You mean the children on temp jobs they have at the sales centre? They typically know less than anyone on the internet. I ordered both a Plaid and a LR as soon as the website let me, when the "estimate" was Early 2022 - now Late 2022. Not holding my breath though I am now out of warranty on my MS.

Also the experience in the US was that they prioritised later orders which were taken after the price increase (note that the LR has gone up in he UK as well).

Reactions: MikeeUK
Tesla sales? You mean the children on temp jobs they have at the sales centre? They typically know less than anyone on the internet. I ordered both a Plaid and a LR as soon as the website let me, when the "estimate" was Early 2022 - now Late 2022. Not holding my breath though I am now out of warranty on my MS.

Also the experience in the US was that they prioritised later orders which were taken after the price increase (note that the LR has gone up in he UK as well).
Yep, fair enough. That’s the trouble with a company like Tesla - you’ve got to know someone on the inside to get any meaningful info it seems 🙄
Anyway, all pretty irrelevant to me as I need to find a car in the next 6 months as my Mondeo will probably expire!

Reactions: gangzoom

Shortly before lockdown, I was at the West Drayton branch and wandered in to talk to the sales executive. Ended up teaching him about the Model 3 as even his basics were lacking. When a customer came in, I ended up chatting to him for 10 mins whilst the sales guy looked out of the showroom window......it was a bit embarrasing really.

The sales guy had only recently been hired from an agency so goodness knows what sales training Tesla had provided him. Not sure why you would put someone front of house when they know so little about the product their selling. Mayve Tesla aren't that bothered considering the cars are selling themselves.....they'll need to change that if/when the competition begins to get going.

Reactions: wow400
Yep, fair enough. That’s the trouble with a company like Tesla - you’ve got to know someone on the inside to get any meaningful info it seems 🙄
Anyway, all pretty irrelevant to me as I need to find a car in the next 6 months as my Mondeo will probably expire!
There is pretty much zero chance of a new S coming to the next in the next 6 months. By all account Model Y production is going to take over, higher profit margins than the 3 and as easy to mass produce as the 3.

The S/X production halt maybe down to lack of MCU3 silicon, who knows, but clearly Elon isn't bothered. The only good thing about ordering now is you will hopefully avoid any more price increase, but at £91K for the cheapest version its hard to see how much higher S/X pricing can go!

Reactions: wow400