Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It depends on your region. My MD YLR had the Pirelli Scorpion's on 19" Gemini's. That being said, does it really matter? It's not like you have a choice to switch out the brand of the tire they give you. That's not one of the options. You're best bet would be to walk into a Tesla sales center and ask them or just look at the cars in the showroom.

Reactions: E90alex
20" Goodyears from Fremont June 2023 build.
1700493600789.png

Picked up my 2nd MYLR today, Austin built. Came with 19 inch Gemini wheels with Pirelli Scorpion all seasons.

My 23MYLR from Feb 23 Fremont build has the 19 inch Gemini wheels with Continental ProContacs.

So, how do you compare ride quality between the two? I have the Pirelli's and they are pretty harsh at 42 psi. I'd also be interested in the future to know your thoughts on traction, handling, wear, etc. between these two tires.

Thanks.

So, how do you compare ride quality between the two? I have the Pirelli's and they are pretty harsh at 42 psi. I'd also be interested in the future to know your thoughts on traction, handling, wear, etc. between these two tires.

Thanks.
Sure thing, so far I have 100 miles on the car and need to inflate them to 42 psi, they are currently at 40 psi. I will inflate them to proper 42 and planing to put a few hundred miles during Christmas weeks and will report back. So far car being new, the suspension seems softer but let me follow up with this.

Last edited:
Sure thing, so far I have 100 miles on the car and need to inflate them to 42 psi, they are currently at 40 psi. I will inflate them to proper 42 and planing to put a few hundred miles during Christmas weeks and will report back. So far car being new, the suspension seems softer but let me follow up with this.

For all the talk of the MY suspension being harsh, I was pleasantly surprised with the RWD I just picked up. Firm for sure, but fine for a sporty car and more compliant than what I remember compared to the M3 I rented a few months ago. I wonder if they made another revision to the suspension? Mine came with Continental tires.