Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new Model Y video discovered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
like a 911 back seats...

The fore-aft space between the 3rd row seat back and 2nd row seat back seem even smaller than the rear of the 911. The 3rd row in my X is already small enough for kids only. The Y looks like it’ll only fit toddlers or pets.

Too funny.

Why even bother with the Y? Unless, one really wants the hatch, which is the biggest advantage over the 3 IMO. The dual motor CyberTruck is same price as LR model Y. But the CT has a bigger interior space that fits 6 and supposedly has almost twice the battery capacity.

The fore-aft space between the 3rd row seat back and 2nd row seat back seem even smaller than the rear of the 911. The 3rd row in my X is already small enough for kids only. The Y looks like it’ll only fit toddlers or pets.

Too funny.

Why even bother with the Y? Unless, one really wants the hatch, which is the biggest advantage over the 3 IMO. The dual motor CyberTruck is same price as LR model Y. But the CT has a bigger interior space that fits 6 and supposedly has almost twice the battery capacity.
Just one reason among many is the length of the Cybertruck. In my case it won't fit in my side of the garage which is a requirement. With almost a foot of snow last night the last thing I want to deal with is cleaning snow and slush off the Cybertruck in the winter.

Just one reason among many is the length of the Cybertruck. In my case it won't fit in my side of the garage which is a requirement. With almost a foot of snow last night the last thing I want to deal with is cleaning snow and slush off the Cybertruck in the winter.

I agree with that situation. I’ve posted about the garage space concern in another thread. Having or wanting to park a vehicle in the garage is why the CT will mostly be purchased by current truck owners. Not that there won’t be, but I don’t see many people who are used to shorter cars and SUVs crossing into truck territory.

Too funny.

Increased headroom, larger drunk, hatch, a little more storage in the back. Can probably hold the camping gear I need to take and either a roof rack or a hitch rack will carry my bikes.

The CT is cool, but impractical in a lot of the SoCal parking lots I frequent. I don’t haul stuff or tow. And it’s 2-3 years away.

Reactions: TrevTremaine