Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y vs Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good info! Can you recommend some tires. Does wider also help w/ curb rash?
Wider definitely provides some added protection given the stock 255/275 are too small for the 9.5/10.5” rim set. They stretch and allow way to much rim to protrude…imo.

Tires wise…I kept to the stock Michelin AS4’s but some also say the Continental Conti-Sports are a better ride 🤷🏽‍♂️
I’d just be sure they are rated for the car and not some cheaper brand which cannot handle the weight nor curb weight nor torque or this class of vehicle.

Most cost effective is to move the 275’s to the front rim and buy the same tire brand for rear in 295/35. You’ll increase rubber wall thickness by .5” in front and back…keeping the ride height ratio intact as well.
The stretched look will be gone and it will actually seem a more natural look for the car and wheelwell. Just make sure you do an alignment right after you change the setup. You don’t want premature wear on any of these expensive tires!

Goodluck :)

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Are you talking about BMW i4? :) Because that is what I did after 1 year of waiting. I have realizied, I don’t want to wait other year and bought Y LR Quicksilver which was in stock at my dealer next day from Berlin factory. And now I’m with family on 1500km trip and I’m so glad I did Tedla way with its Supercharger infrastructure. I realized how important it is, when I really tried it. So confident. At least at western part of Europe.
I was going for a "last true luxury 6 speed american muscle car" - the Cadillac

We own both M3 and MY
Very different
As you already know, M3 fast, nimble, sport fun
MY big, roomy, utility, EV fun, not sport fun
MY has the sacrifice as any SUV does
Enjoy whatever decision you make

Btw, if you have the big $, the MS might be the perfect balance, room plus sport fun

We own both M3 and MY
Very different
As you already know, M3 fast, nimble, sport fun
MY big, roomy, utility, EV fun, not sport fun
MY has the sacrifice as any SUV does
Enjoy whatever decision you make

Btw, if you have the big $, the MS might be the perfect balance, room plus sport fun
What he just said 👆🏽
If M3 and MY had a baby, growing up bigger and stronger and mom/dad…they would make the MS lol.

I am one of the few who didn't demo drive, i hate test driving cars, gives me anxiety, i didn't with my truck or my other car. I actually had the wife do the subaru. and i sat in the back heh. We have a Acura MDX and of course my super duty, how much less space does a "Model Y" have then a mdx? I know it says SUV, but pictures and real world viewings on the street, Seems like more of a Sedan than "SUV" or cross over. Is, it just something you gotta sit in, to understand?