Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY Owner Questions here - Ask away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JDL@h

MYP/White/Blk TX OD: 9/27 EDD:4/20 vin: F417
Sep 29, 2021
houston
Wanted to start a thread just for new owners to ask questions about their Y. I will start of with one:

Does the car automatically stop the A/C and Music when I step out and walk away from the car?

Reactions: bobbyjae
Wanted to start a thread just for new owners to ask questions about their Y. I will start of with one:

Does the car automatically stop the A/C and Music when I step out and walk away from the car?
Yes, unless you set the HVAC to the Keep On option before exiting the vehicle or set Dog Mode or Camp Mode option. Music will pause, should resume where you left off when you return (not so for USB drive music files unfortunately.) This is not a Battery & Charging question, will request the thread be moved to general Model Y topics.

Try connecting the Model Y to your home WiFi network. While parked, try rebooting the Tesla by pressing and holding the left and right scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 7 seconds; the Tesla infotainment computer, other systems will reboot. The Tesla Streaming Music service should play.

To activate the free 30 day trial of the Tesla Premium Connectivity you may need to have your credit card on file with your Tesla account. You need your credit card on file to use the Supercharger network and to purchase items from Tesla.com online store.

You will know if Premium Connectivity is working if you can view the Satellite view within the Tesla Navigation system, also real time traffic. While parked with Sentry Mode enabled you can view the Sentry Mode Live Camera View. These feature all required Premium Connectivity to be active.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDude
Try connecting the Model Y to your home WiFi network. While parked, try rebooting the Tesla by pressing and holding the left and right scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 7 seconds; the Tesla infotainment computer, other systems will reboot. The Tesla Streaming Music service should play.

To activate the free 30 day trial of the Tesla Premium Connectivity you may need to have your credit card on file with your Tesla account. You need your credit card on file to use the Supercharger network and to purchase items from Tesla.com online store.

You will know if Premium Connectivity is working if you can view the Satellite view within the Tesla Navigation system, also real time traffic. While parked with Sentry Mode enabled you can view the Sentry Mode Live Camera View. These feature all required Premium Connectivity to be active.
I am still trying to decide if I need the Premium Connectivity... one feature I enjoy was Satellite NAVmap

I am still trying to decide if I need the Premium Connectivity... one feature I enjoy was Satellite NAVmap
Car connectivity subscriptions are where all cars are going. And Tesla's is the cheapest. Shop subscription prices for OnStar - you will choke on your vomit.

I got Premium for mine without a lot of research, and I am very glad I did. It makes an all around far superior ownership experience. And the one feature I may disable is the satellite nav map - it is very cool, but a crapton of information on the screen. I love that I can connect to the car anywhere to turn on climate, have someone rescue me if I lose a key, use its streaming services without any hassle, etc. makes it a complete experience.

Reactions: Scubamikey