Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2024 model y 1st tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+100. With my referral code I had a 3 month free trial of FSD V11 with my MY in Nov thru Feb, and while it wasn’t perfect, it was incredibly good - I’d say it handled 95% of what it encountered and when it got confused it hesitated, IOW it never did anything unsafe.

From what I hear about V12 I’m going to want to try it, and evidently Elon posted yesterday that all Tesla owners with capable models will get a free 1 month trial of V12 when it goes wide?
chatter on the internet is wide USA distribution and free in April just days away
they are testing V12 in the 2024 code currently
April should be fun, self park and summon...wow

Reactions: Midpack
Fair enough question. I like Elon. Yeah every so often he’ll say or do something that makes your head tilt like the RCA dog. But take a step back and look at the bigger picture. He has done things and has shaken up the status quo in everything he’s involved in. We get people like that once in a lifetime.

Supercharging. If it wasn’t for the supercharging network in place, I wouldn’t be looking at an EV. I frequently make road trips of 300 miles one way to chase my sport. The supercharging network solves the range anxiety issue.

I worked for 40 years in support of offshore oil and gas. Helicopter maintenance. Lived and worked on offshore platforms for several years. There are offshore lease blocks that I used to work on that are now completely dry. Not a bubble of gas or a drop of oil to be had. Extracting this finite resource to only burn it in an internal combustion engine no longer makes sense to me. Researching all the EVs only Tesla checks all the boxes. Affordable. If you know your way around an iPhone you can operate the vehicle. The list goes on. There is a reason the MY is largest selling vehicle on the planet for 2023.
😂That would be the HMV dog m'thinks.

I just got the notification for 2024.3.6 and am installing now!
lucky you, you will get the absolute newest FSD outside of Tesla internal and Elon himself
me, i got nada on all 3x Ts so far
1711587177090.png

carefully do an autopark and report back please
View attachment 1032842
Autopark is pretty solid. Have used it several times, with no problem.

Otherwise, 12.3.x is a huge improvement over v11. But it's not perfect.

The good:

- much more natural feel to the way it drives
- deals with unusual situations *much* better in most cases
- far fewer interventions needed: I did a 30 mile drive today and it was basically perfect to the door
- left turns are about 1000% better than v11

The bad:

- still major speed limit problems, since it relies on reading signs
- as many have noted, drives slow in many spots
- drives too fast (wants to go 15 mph over limit) in some places when auto offset is enabled
- still gets confused in places (usually eventually figures it out, but it gave up once today and just stopped)
- consistently wants to blow stop sign near my house

All in all, it's pretty good, but there is still a ways to go. It is at least mostly usable now, which is nice. I don't think I would pay $12000 for it at this point, though (or $200/month).