Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2024 model y 1st tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to say 👋 being Older than dirt at 74 I am really being challenged by this Great Marvel of a car I hope when I ask a few questions I don't get flamed lol and so far as i have searched the forum I have found some answers so ty all
Hello

Congrats
Curious for your age group, please give the three top reasons for joining rhe Tesla ecosystem?

Tesla ecosystem: Elon, vehicle design, vehicle tech, app, supercharging, energy, this forum, the Tesla employees, the mission, etc

Reactions: TDS24
An EV is really a perfect car for a female as they only to worry about tire pressure, cabin filter, wipers and windshield wiper fluid. :)
Yup. And mobile service available. Plus they pulled a permit to open a service center about 5 miles from her home.

Also charge in the garage. Now she drives 18 miles each way to Costco to save on gas.

Hello

Congrats
Curious for your age group, please give the three top reasons for joining rhe Tesla ecosystem?

Tesla ecosystem: Elon, vehicle design, vehicle tech, app, supercharging, energy, this forum, the Tesla employees, the mission, etc
1 ev is the future and tesla is in front of all evs 2 as we get older we need more help in driver assistance and again tesla is in front of this technology 3 car is so much fun to drive! And I believe in global warming and even will start to help imo!

Another old fart here. 66 and ordering a MY March 11. Why that date? It’s the anniversary of my retirement date four years ago. (Thanks Covid)

I got my need for speed out of my system decades ago when I was motorcycle drag racing. Getting death wobbles at 100mph will make you rethink your priorities. These days I just want to go from point A to B with a minimum of drama. Chill mode and maxing out following distance is in my future.

Was talking to my neighbors across the street. My wife is getting a Subaru. Dude across the street just got one. Wife pointed to the Tesla Wall Connector and said I’m going for a Tesla. Reaction is so 2024. “Oh, when Alex (their son) comes to visit can he charge at your place?” Well hell yeah.

Going EV after lifetime of ICE vehicles is such a paradigm shift. Looking forward to the adventure.

Reactions: TDS24 and brkaus
Another old fart here. 66 and ordering a MY March 11. Why that date? It’s the anniversary of my retirement date four years ago. (Thanks Covid)

I got my need for speed out of my system decades ago when I was motorcycle drag racing. Getting death wobbles at 100mph will make you rethink your priorities. These days I just want to go from point A to B with a minimum of drama. Chill mode and maxing out following distance is in my future.

Was talking to my neighbors across the street. My wife is getting a Subaru. Dude across the street just got one. Wife pointed to the Tesla Wall Connector and said I’m going for a Tesla. Reaction is so 2024. “Oh, when Alex (their son) comes to visit can he charge at your place?” Well hell yeah.

Going EV after lifetime of ICE vehicles is such a paradigm shift. Looking forward to the adventure.

Wouldn't want a neighbor assuming they could use my stuff. Glad I live on 45 acres. ;)

Wouldn't want a neighbor assuming they could use my stuff. Glad I live on 45 acres. ;)

i live pretty much near the city and close to the center of everything.

my family members live pretty far out in the burbs so when they go into the city to spend their day, a lot of them stop by my place to charge up their cars.

then they raid my fridge and snack pantry.

Hello

Congrats

Fair enough question. I like Elon. Yeah every so often he’ll say or do something that makes your head tilt like the RCA dog. But take a step back and look at the bigger picture. He has done things and has shaken up the status quo in everything he’s involved in. We get people like that once in a lifetime.

Supercharging. If it wasn’t for the supercharging network in place, I wouldn’t be looking at an EV. I frequently make road trips of 300 miles one way to chase my sport. The supercharging network solves the range anxiety issue.

I worked for 40 years in support of offshore oil and gas. Helicopter maintenance. Lived and worked on offshore platforms for several years. There are offshore lease blocks that I used to work on that are now completely dry. Not a bubble of gas or a drop of oil to be had. Extracting this finite resource to only burn it in an internal combustion engine no longer makes sense to me. Researching all the EVs only Tesla checks all the boxes. Affordable. If you know your way around an iPhone you can operate the vehicle. The list goes on. There is a reason the MY is largest selling vehicle on the planet for 2023.

Getting to a supercharger from my house is not convenient. It involves crossing the Mississippi River which frequently has major traffic jams. Then navigating to one of two SC stations in the city. Then returning back is a PITA. Letting him charge at my place is just being a good neighbor.

love that southern hospitality in louisiana.

lived in BR for a couple years while working at a site in port hudson and experienced it first hand.

everyone out there was very nice

Reactions: HankE-LA
Hello

Congrats

Greetings, 66 Years Old here- Retired last year and sold my 2022 Modified RAM TRX (5MPG) Truck and bought a Model S Plaid. To answer you question directly. I am a Fan of Elon-all you have to do is read his biography by Walter Isaacson to join this club. Elon is a genius, visionary, industrialist, and as Time magazine said somewhat a clown. Elon has more haters than anyione I've ever seen and has spent a lifetime defying them. Ask an Elon hater why they hate him- the answers are often ridiculous or things like- he is mean, he is a baby when he doesn't get his way or something worse- something political..

Tesla was/is/ will be- a game changer. I've driven a whole lot of very fast cars but the Plaid was the first that actually scared me and literally took my breath away- Way to go Elon! (Now, I need the Track Pack as stopping this beast takes some work.

What a change in mindset to go from a ICE vehicle to a car that has zero knobs, switches, dials etc. It is so clean, a little hard to get used to but now my Merceedes seems to have way too many gadgets on and near the dash. You might use the word clutter. The design of the Model S is is top notch.

I come from a IT/Cyber background so the technology is very cool to me. I love how Elon took huge risks and stood his ground on so many things to get us to where we are today. I love the mission of becoming a multi-planet species. Reaching for the stars is something Elon has done better than just about anyone else.

Tesla is so much more than just an electric car company. It is influenced by SpaceX, Starlink, Boring Company, X, XAi, Neuralink.

Now, Tesla needs to regain the crown at Nürburgring by releasing upgrades to the Model S Plaid and besting the latest Porsche Tycan time of 7:07.55. Of course this was a preproduction car that nobody had a chance to examine before the record setting lap. I wonder what the production car will cost?

As for community- This is a great community I am proud to be part of it.

I bought my first Tesla at 69 yo. And while it's early, I am thrilled with the car so far. Learning new tricks doesn't bother me at all, with YouTube it's easy to find info, and I adapt to new tech pretty well for my advanced age (love my iPhone, iPad, Mac). And I have always been a less is more kinda of person, so the people going on and on about not enough buttons, displays and stalks don't register with me. To each his/her own...

love that southern hospitality in louisiana.

lived in BR for a couple years while working at a site in port hudson and experienced it first hand.

everyone out there was very nice
Southern hospitality is a real thing. During Hurricane Gustav a tree fell and crushed the house. Neighbors brought in food. Another brought in his fifth wheel camper for us to stay in. The outpouring of support was incredible. On the flip side I did entertain the neighbors when I stepped out in the morning in my bathrobe with a magazine in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other to do my morning business in the porta potty in the driveway during the rebuild.

• Love
Reactions: TDS24 and fredzos
Getting to a supercharger from my house is not convenient. It involves crossing the Mississippi River which frequently has major traffic jams. Then navigating to one of two SC stations in the city. Then returning back is a PITA. Letting him charge at my place is just being a good neighbor.
There are some that will abuse hospitality and feel it is their right to your possessions. As long as my hospitality isn't abused or help isn't reciprocated by a neighbor I have no issue helping.

Got my first Tesla (New 2024 Model Y AWD). Picked it up from the Delivery Center on March 18. So far, so good. I bought it because I like the technology and the sheer speed/power. Also, I like the lower cost of operation and maintenance. I had some experience with Teslas having rented them from Hertz for business trips.

Got my first Tesla (New 2024 Model Y AWD). Picked it up from the Delivery Center on March 18. So far, so good. I bought it because I like the technology and the sheer speed/power. Also, I like the lower cost of operation and maintenance. I had some experience with Teslas having rented them from Hertz for business trips.
good for you
even better, be a code update hound like us and active and use FSD 12.3.1...
you'll be addicted

good for you
even better, be a code update hound like us and active and use FSD 12.3.1...
you'll be addicted
+100. With my referral code I had a 3 month free trial of FSD V11 with my MY in Nov thru Feb, and while it wasn’t perfect, it was incredibly good - I’d say it handled 95% of what it encountered and when it got confused it hesitated, IOW it never did anything unsafe.

From what I hear about V12 I’m going to want to try it, and evidently Elon posted yesterday that all Tesla owners with capable models will get a free 1 month trial of V12 when it goes wide?