Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to take your advice. But should we wait a month, 6 months a year or more? The the 2021+, 2022 and 2023 will likely have updates not available on the 2020 and 2021. I hope Tesla stops improving the Model 3 once I take delivery...Just kidding :p.
Well here is what I’m doing, early November I am going to complete my finance application to ensure it triggers me to get assigned a vin. By mid November and December they will start Q4 deliveries in the US and by then I’m sure I’ll get one of these new ones with the refresh.

Thanks man!

It looks like it left the factory between 9/5 and 9/12.

The TM3 is for my wife. She doesn't care about the changes. My concern is in 3 years will a 2020 that's only a month or 2 older than a 2021 bring a lot less on resale or trade?
I got you bro, yw! I don’t think it will have a huge impact but considering the changes, I think it would be worth the wait another month or so, unless she needs the car right away.

I’m sure they will. I’m waiting for early November to complete the finance piece.
I'm not so sure waiting matters? When I ordered I was assigned a VIN within 2 hours of ordering with not a thing completed on my Tesla account. I think if they can they'll assign one to you as soon as they can and then call you and text you a million times to complete the items on your account as they did to me a few weeks ago.

I'm STILL worried they're going to try again or my only option is going to end up being a 2020, I see a lot of people saying you'll get what you ordered.

I'm not so sure waiting matters? When I ordered I was assigned a VIN within 2 hours of ordering with not a thing completed on my Tesla account. I think if they can they'll assign one to you as soon as they can and then call you and text you a million times to complete the items on your account as they did to me a few weeks ago.

I'm STILL worried they're going to try again or my only option is going to end up being a 2020, I see a lot of people saying you'll get what you ordered.
If the financing isn't complete, I was told by the SA that they will not assign a VIN. My build is already not available in my state, so it's only a matter of time before they will have to assign a 2021, I'm technically not in a rush, so I will wait to see what happens next month. I definitely do not want a 2020.

Reactions: zerb012345
As much as I like the updates I still find it uncomforting that I am purchasing a vehicle that I don't know 100% about. I am patiently waiting to see if they made any changes to the M3P. I would be upset if I had ordered a LR with sport wheels because they look horrible. I have seen a thread talking about the possibility of uberturbine style wheels on the M3P. I wouldn't be apposed to that.

As much as I like the updates I still find it uncomforting that I am purchasing a vehicle that I don't know 100% about. I am patiently waiting to see if they made any changes to the M3P. I would be upset if I had ordered a LR with sport wheels because they look horrible. I have seen a thread talking about the possibility of uberturbine style wheels on the M3P. I wouldn't be apposed to that.
Eddie, did you end up ordering the M3P or the Long Range? I have on order the M3P.

I never driven or been in a Tesla before. Everyone I know who owns one or been in one raves about it. I have always wanted a Tesla since the S first came out. I couldn't afford it. I put a deposit the day the 3 came out but I couldnt wait that long and landed up buying a Hellcat on a super steal. I am able to sell the Hellcat for almost the price I bought it for because of the crazy used car market. I looked at my budget and was able to barely swing a M3P. You only live once. I am sure I will love it.