Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed in Chile!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed here in Chile on Feb 6th! When I placed the order, it said delivery for April-May. I know still time left, but anxiety is kicking in. Considering they are just entering Chile, how should the process be? Will we see anything on the order status soon or just the normal process of any Tesla order around the world?

Me too, I actually placed an initial order for a Model Y online through Tesla.com on Feb. 1 but later changed my mind after a test drive at Parque Arauco and went with the refreshed Model 3 on Feb. 18th. I also see April/May for the delivery of my order which likely means a big shipment of Ys and 3s will arrive at the port of Valparaiso in the next several weeks with all of these orders.

The thing that surprised me when I went to Tesla's new physical location in Santiago was the amount of people interested in seeing the vehicle and, even more, actively taking test drives. The guy in front of me bought two Model Ys and was asking when the Model X will arrive. Crazy for a company that literally has done zero advertising in this Chile.

Thanks for the fix! I would say very, very few people know of Tesla here in Chile with it's arrival reduced to a few quick soundbites on the local news and only one small kiosk at a single mall in the country's capital. With that said, it's amazing more than just a handful of people know they're selling cars here now. It makes it more exciting for me here in Viña del Mar where I'll be one of the very first (or maybe the actual first?) to have a Tesla in this city. It will turn heads for sure.

@niscolas I'm interested in finding out how the payment and financing options will work here. They showed financing was going through Santander in the purchase agreement, but I don't know how they'll expect the down payment yet... bank transfer, credit card, cash? I still have many questions.

Thanks for the fix! I would say very, very few people know of Tesla here in Chile with it's arrival reduced to a few quick soundbites on the local news and only one small kiosk at a single mall in the country's capital. With that said, it's amazing more than just a handful of people know they're selling cars here now. It makes it more exciting for me here in Viña del Mar where I'll be one of the very first (or maybe the actual first?) to have a Tesla in this city. It will turn heads for sure.

@niscolas I'm interested in finding out how the payment and financing options will work here. They showed financing was going through Santander in the purchase agreement, but I don't know how they'll expect the down payment yet... bank transfer, credit card, cash? I still have many questions.
My agreement doesn't mention anything about financing. I've read lot of posts on how that works in the US, but no idea if it will work the same here.
I went yesterday to the store and told the guy to try to keep in touch with clients that already put an order. They have been very hesitant to give information. He also mentioned that first deliveries will be delayed a little bit to the first two weeks of May because of the homologation process of the connectors for charging.

Thanks @niscolas ...I figured as much about the delay, currently there are no wall chargers for sale here in Chile, so charging any new Tesla here will either be slow or using any not-yet-available Supercharger. For me, that likely means not being able to take any long trips until they start adding Superchargers around the country or, at a minimum, start selling wall chargers. I've already convinced my apartment building here in Viña to install them once they become available, but still not sure how much of that cost I'll be assuming.

Apart from that, I asked my contact in Tesla for any news about arrivals or charges last week. Here's what she said:
Si, estamos prontos a tener noticias sobre la llegada de los autitos.
Pero aún no tenemos la info de los cargadores. Apenas tenga la info de los valores y empresas convenio para instalación se lo enviaré !!!

I'll keep you posted here in this thread if I hear anything.

For @niscolas and anyone who wants an update on Tesla availability in Chile, the vessel with the first shipments of Teslas is arriving soon in the port of Valparaiso. The boat ASIAN EMPORER departed Shanghai on March 13th and is expected to arrive in Callao, Peru in 3 days on April 6th. It should depart shortly thereafter and head directly to the port of Valparaiso, maybe between the 10th to the 12th of April. This means we should see first Tesla deliveries in Chile in the next few weeks!!

shiptracker.png

For @niscolas and anyone who wants an update on Tesla availability in Chile, the vessel with the first shipments of Teslas is arriving soon in the port of Valparaiso. The boat ASIAN EMPORER departed Shanghai on March 13th and is expected to arrive in Callao, Peru in 3 days on April 6th. It should depart shortly thereafter and head directly to the port of Valparaiso, maybe between the 10th to the 12th of April. This means we should see first Tesla deliveries in Chile in the next few weeks!!

View attachment 1035054
Talked to an advisor today. VINs should start appearing next week, first deliveries last week of April. They may start contacting buyers next week for payment (and said also for wall connectors).

Great news! Also glad to hear that the wall connectors are coming in the same time as the vehicles. I wonder just how many Tesla-certified installers will be available for those wall connectors; I can imagine not many. I'll post an update here in a few days on the status of the shipment.

Quick update: the vessel ASIAN EMPORER departed Callao this morning after berthing for almost 3 days with it's next destination very likely the Port of Valparaiso in Chile. No ETA that I see but I would imagine the trip will take around 4 days, so likely arriving this weekend. As a reminder, this is the vessel which left Shanghai on March 13th with the first Tesla shipments. Once it's gets close to port, I'll post an update here. @niscolas Not much longer now!