Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - West Sand Lake Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gates are off... I think, chargers not working yetView attachment 273430
Yes, the construction barriers were removed on January 12th as shown in posting #57.

Moderator note: Thanks for your interest, but It appears that you are reposting a photo posted on Plugshare yesterday. If you didn't take the photo and were not actually at the location to verify whether or not the Superchargers are operational, then this can be confusing or misleading to those of us attempting to learn with certainty the current status of the Supercharger Station.

In the future if you repost other photos, please provide attribution of the source, the date of the photos and whether or not you were actually there. Thanks.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mrElbe
Down here from Maryland. Staying about 2 miles away. Fingers crossed it opens this week. Slowly charging at 12 amp at hotel.
Welcome to the Sunshine State.

Please let us know if it becomes operational while you are visiting.

If not, there are two full capacity Tesla Destination Chargers at The Mall at Millenia 5 miles from the Wawa, and the Turkey Lake Superchargers are about 8 miles from the Wawa.

Larry

Reactions: UkrHog
This would be a great location for me to use during the first weekend in Feb, so I’m hoping they get it plugged in and turned on soon. Backup plan is Turkey Lake, but that’s a bit farther out of my way since I’ll just be going down I-4.

To my untrained eye, the only task remaining is the meter.

Does anyone know the final tasks? Does the station power up as soon as the meter is installed?

FYI: 6 of the 8 spots are 15 minute general parking. The other two spots are for EVs only.
20180122_170512517_iOS.jpg
20180122_170548870_iOS.jpg
20180122_170723921_iOS.jpg

To my untrained eye, the only task remaining is the meter.

Does anyone know the final tasks? Does the station power up as soon as the meter is installed?

FYI: 6 of the 8 spots are 15 minute general parking. The other two spots are for EVs only.View attachment 275082 View attachment 275083 View attachment 275086
Thank You for the update. Even with the meter in place the station can be powered off. One remaining task might be hookup of the high voltage side of the transformer to the actual power lines. That would be at the top of the pole unless even the high voltage is underground. Not to be negative but Beckley , WV has been complete including a meter since November and still is not online.

Thank You for the update. Even with the meter in place the station can be powered off. One remaining task might be hookup of the high voltage side of the transformer to the actual power lines. That would be at the top of the pole unless even the high voltage is underground. Not to be negative but Beckley , WV has been complete including a meter since November and still is not online.
Hi Jim,

In posting #55 it appears that the connection to the cable pole was completed. The high voltage primary comes from the overhead pole line. On the cable pole there is a transition from uninsulated open wires to insulated underground cable. You can see that in the photo. The cable runs down the pole then into underground conduit where it is connected in the primary compartment of the transformer enclosure. In all likelihood that connection has been done since we can see the cable on the pole and it would be better to make the terminations at the transformer rather than to leave them unconnected in the transformer enclosure.

It is not clear to me what the hold up is at this point.

Larry

Hi Jim,

In posting #55 it appears that the connection to the cable pole was completed. The high voltage primary comes from the overhead pole line. On the cable pole there is a transition from uninsulated open wires to insulated underground cable. You can see that in the photo. The cable runs down the pole then into underground conduit where it is connected in the primary compartment of the transformer enclosure. In all likelihood that connection has been done since we can see the cable on the pole and it would be better to make the terminations at the transformer rather than to leave them unconnected in the transformer enclosure.

It is not clear to me what the hold up is at this point.

Larry
Thanks Larry, I looked back through the thread for that pic before posting but I missed it. In that pic you can see the elements ( knife switch or fuse, I can’t remember) installed on the farthest pole to the left but not on the second pole from the right.

Thanks Larry, I looked back through the thread for that pic before posting but I missed it. In that pic you can see the elements ( knife switch or fuse, I can’t remember) installed on the farthest pole to the left but not on the second pole from the right.

Hi Jim,

A hundred years ago, when I was keeping the president's lights on in the Nation's Capitol, the electric utility's standards for a cable pole included a disconnect switch and a current-limiting fuse when transitioning to underground. I don't know if Duke's standards require the same. It may be that they are waiting to install them, but frankly it would have made sense to do that when they were configuring the cable pole in the first place.

Larry

• Funny
Reactions: jrreno