Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner #690

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a happy new owner of 690. She has been well taken care of and is a great ride. She charged up to 181 and settled to 179. Previous owner lovingly wrapped her beautiful yellow with a nice metallic black. I have been torn about what to do because I love fast cars and fast women.....I decided to peel off a few panels and go bumble bee for a while. I'm just waiting to get my yellow/black door panel.

I'm in love!

Attachments

• 20170812_153922.jpg
    20170812_153922.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 237
Wow, that is a cool color combo! Never seen a yellow and black roadster, quite unique! Enjoy her, I've seen allot of history of images over the last year where she appeared, she has been very popular within the forum as one of the few yellow Roadsters. That being said, the new facelift looks great!

@twiersum, do you still have #690?

My wife and I were driving East on I-90 today, just before Ellensburg Washington. I saw a car ahead that I thought might be a Roadster...it was small and looked like Roadster taillights, but there was something wrong with the rear. As we got closer, I realized it was a dark Roadster with some sort of cargo pod. It still didn't dawn on me...until we got along side it and I saw the yellow. It was my old car!

I waved, but my wife was driving quite a bit faster and didn't want to slow down...so that was it. We were in the black Model S that replaced the Roadster (its lease will be up in a couple of weeks).

Reactions: Rotarypower
Hi Chad,

Saddly she has a new owner. Somehow I rebuilt the battery on the chrome salvage project I got just for fun....then suddenly there were two and I was only driving the chromester.

I'm sure the new owner will see this and laugh. He's on here often.

Everyone’s traveling quite a bit faster than me. But you were the only tesla I have seen on my travels. 3rd and Main in Ellensburg has a roadster charger that gives a clean 240v 70A charge. That’s so funny you got to see your old car again.

What timing...I saw it just as it was leaving for Toronto. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, but I am glad I at least got to see you and the car.

Tomsax donated that Roadster charger to Ellensburg. The town paid the electric bill for a couple of years, then threatened to rip it out...but Tom is now paying for the electricity too. I had the Roadster at that charger a few times.

• Love
Reactions: Roadrunner13