Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New passive entry key is not working reliability

No42

Jun 25, 2018
WA
Happened few times already, the doors will not open with the new passive entry key. Essentially it behaves just like my Galaxy s10, which was hit or miss.

How the new key works for you?

Adam3

Oct 4, 2015
USA
The plot thickens!

FYI I have an S10 and it has never failed me (but i've only owned the car three weeks). I still want to pick up a proximity key but only because it's cool looking.

AustinPowers

Total Smeghead
Jan 27, 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
I always wanted the fob, but since my phone (Honor 8X) has started working better as a key (it still fails to work now and then though), I have given up on the idea of buying one, especially when I heard that it can also have its issues.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC