Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then sadly, there's this one: link removed

Petitions with less than 150 signatures are NOT publicly searchable (according to the site). How did you originally manage to find this?

- - - Updated - - -

The past few pages of this thread is reading like the Short Term TSLA Price Movements thread when they were counting up to breaking the $100 mark...

Last edited:
If I told you that, I'd have to kill you. :wink:

The originator of the petition couldn't help himself and tweeted it. Then through the miracle of the Internet it showed up on a stock site that grabs all things TSLA related.

The collective intelligence and inventiveness of the people on this site is amazing. A lot of bright (and likeable) people. You gotta love Tesla-fans :cool:

I signed too, I don't know if I am allowed too as a non-US citizen living in Canada but still they accepted me.

I don't see anything here expressing that US citizenship would be required:

Terms of Participation | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

The main limitation appears to be that those who sign must be 13 or older:

In order to participate in We the People, you must create a WhiteHouse.gov User Account. You are required to use a valid email address when registering your account. Only one account per individual is allowed. You must be 13 or older in order to create an account and participate in We the People. Creating and signing We the People petitions must be done by individuals interacting directly with WhiteHouse.gov and not through a third party website or service. You can learn more about WhiteHouse.gov User Accounts on our Privacy Policy page.

However elsewhere it talks about "The right to petition your government".

OK, signed, but will it have any effect, or is it just a "feel good" thing?

Can the executive direct how states control commerce within their borders? More important, do we want the federal government controlling commerce within state borders? (The current executive would love it - the more federal control the better as far as he is concerned.)

I do not support the dealers associations that are trying to block Tesla's direct sales approach, I do support Tesla's method of selling automobiles, but I do not think it is the Fed's business.

And, don't look to congress - the dealers' associations pour too much money into their pockets for them to rock the boat.

Let the brickbats fly - I'll try to dodge them.:smile: