Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barack Obama at this point in his presidency must certainly be making legacy decisions. The response to the Tesla Motors petition will have tremendous ramifications. It will affect our country's policies on climate change, the government's role in incubating technologies and industries, and the reconciliation of the "Interstate Commerce Act" with states right.

It is a thorny legal issue,and a pre-packaged political football. I am expecting a thoughtful response from the White House. Timing will dictatated by political opportunity.

I'm hoping that Obama is spending every minute on strategy building in regards to dealing with folks that just used chemical weapons. I'll wait another month or so to hear about the Tesla petition
I agree the President and the people who advise him on foreign diplomatic and military affairs should make this a priority. However, there are many other people within his administration that deal with interstate commerce/domestic affairs that should be fashioning some arguments/positions to discuss with him about the petition.
These things can, and should, go on simultaneously.

IMO...VP Biden should be putting in some time on this (I know his son has had recent medical issues) as he is from Delaware, has seen first hand the Fisker debacle and is positioning himself for a 2016 WH run. I have emailed him twice (no response :mad: on this).

This is a State level issue not Federal govt. They are messing things up enough at the Federal level as it.

It absolutely is a federal issue. The state has no right to keep someone from buying a legal product across state lines when the process isn't applied to any other product. If Texas required everything from computers to couches to be sold through a state sanctioned dealership then maybe the cars are treated differently. What happened to free market principals and limited government in Texas?

New White House petition

As investors we need to start a new White House petition to ask the White House to stand up to their commitment to respond to our previous petition since we did garner the required number of signatures. They should be embarrassed at not even commenting on it but rather ignoring it