Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New plaid rear brake caliper looks like it may be open pot with a cover.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will need to see for myself how well the brakes work on my MSP before I decide. My last new car was a Porsche 911 turbo, and the brakes were… well… amazing. If the brakes on my new MSP are not as good as I need, then I will upgrade. For now, I have asked to be notified when the new brakes are available.

I'd say they have huge stopping power, but they will overheat with repeated use on the track. I don't think you can get them to overheat with any reasonable use on the road.

klwtts posted a pic of a new model X plaid (yes I know this is an S forum, but they should have the same setup) rear caliper and it appears to be a caliper cover with an open pot caliper underneath it, like the MYP has now.

If you zoom in, you can see a bar on the inside close to the wheel (open pot caliper) and the red part looks has a ledge in the middle of it, and what looks like a bolt probably to hold it on.
Its indeed held on by one tiny screw. I have been searching for the part number but no luck. Maybe the Plaid folks can provide it? Lol This is a broken one i found on Ebay that confirmed it for me.

1699667360244.png

1699667427769.png

1699667445111.png

1699667458505.png

1699667483398.png