Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall-Tesla EV integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news, as I have spent some time this afternoon starting and stopping my Model S from charging as I have excess solar power, but I’m trying to time it with the clouds moving overhead so I don’t drain the powerwalls too much as the clouds pass by. I hope my Model S gets this update quickly.

Reactions: preilly44
This is great news, as I have spent some time this afternoon starting and stopping my Model S from charging as I have excess solar power, but I’m trying to time it with the clouds moving overhead so I don’t drain the powerwalls too much as the clouds pass by. I hope my Model S gets this update quickly.

The way I read it (I have this already with the Model 3) is that this setting only takes effect during a grid outage. Your Powerwalls will continue to charge your battery if you have grid power and you're in self-powered mode. See attached screenshot from the app

IMG_9252.PNG

The way I read it (I have this already with the Model 3) is that this setting only takes effect during a grid outage. Your Powerwalls will continue to charge your battery if you have grid power and you're in self-powered mode. See attached screenshot from the app

Yes, that is the case, but I’ve essentially been off grid for the last month and a half while I wait for my PTO. So it definitely would come in handy for me right now. Course given my luck I’ll probably get the software update on my car one day and then get my PTO the next;)