TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New PUP/Bundling

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hmmm, Jul 24, 2017.

1. hmmm

hmmm Member

I noticed a couple of changes to the configurator. I couldn't find a thread on the topic so here goes:

- Cold weather package, UHFS are now part of the PUP package
    - It also shows heated seat for *all* passengers.
    - Interestingly there is no longer a reference to extended leather on armrests, leather steering wheel etc. Does that mean that this nicer set of finishes is now included by default?

Thoughts?

2. SucreTease

SucreTease Member

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

That was always the case with the cold weather package.

Also, there are several threads talking about these changes which happened several days ago!

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

It can be hard to find topics since people can describe the same event differently in their thread titles. Here's some of the existing threads on what you posted about:
    Model S Spec just updated overnight!!
    New Standard Model X features

The S/X configuration changes were found early Saturday morning.

5. hmmm

hmmm Member

@HankLloydRight and @ecarfan

Thanks for outing me as that guy not keeping up with his tesla news and unable to search the forums accurately.

That tread is officially closed :)

6. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Banned

Isn't it nice how passengers cannot actually control their heated seats? Would it kill Tesla to actually give passengers control of these things? Oh wait, never mind, doing so would mean that Tesla might have to spend a couple bucks on two rear seat heater controls... never mind. Sacrilege!

7. Tforme

Tforme Member

My new Bolt has heated rear seats with individual controls in the rear. It also has a rear center arm rest, covered front console storage, door storage pockets, apple car play/android auto, 360° birds-eye camera and a fully color coordinated light color interior - none of which are available on my S85. And the Bolt cost way less than half as much as the Tesla.

Really like my Tesla but it's easy to see the Model S is in serious need of a refresh with added features to make it at least somewhat competitive.