Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the black trim piece from a current Model S with the refreshed tail lights would fit with these new Alpharex taillights?

I know they’re including the piece but was considering the current stock black trim piece with the chrome Tesla letters if it would fit.
if you’re talking about the trim piece that overlaps over the tail lights (old style tails) it will not work. if you have talking about the one that doesn’t overlap it will work. but these tail lights do not work on 22+ refresh.

How did you go with the charge port connections and flap?
was spooked with messing with messing with the chargeport. so what i did was removed the 3 nuts holding the tail light, pulled it out slightly and removed the 3 t25 torx attaching the chargeport door to the tail light. once you do that the tail light is free. although when installing the new lights threading the 3 t25's back in was a PITA. honesly it probably would have been faster to go through the entire process of unplugging the chargeport. oh well i got it done.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
was spooked with messing with messing with the chargeport. so what i did was removed the 3 nuts holding the tail light, pulled it out slightly and removed the 3 t25 torx attaching the chargeport door to the tail light. once you do that the tail light is free. although when installing the new lights threading the 3 t25's back in was a PITA. honesly it probably would have been faster to go through the entire process of unplugging the chargeport. oh well i got it done.
So did you figure out the wiring? Or what exactly did you end up doing?

I’m very close to pulling the trigger on this, but I’m not comfortable doing any wiring without guidance and/or a manufacturer provided manual of some sort. Any info is appreciated.

So did you figure out the wiring? Or what exactly did you end up doing?

I’m very close to pulling the trigger on this, but I’m not comfortable doing any wiring without guidance and/or a manufacturer provided manual of some sort. Any info is appreciated.
havent messed with it since last night. i did shoot alpharex an email to see if they could tell me where to plug each harness. honesly its an easy install if they gave the instructions for the wires. i tried plugging in the harnesses a few different configurations and no avail..

havent messed with it since last night. i did shoot alpharex an email to see if they could tell me where to plug each harness. honesly its an easy install if they gave the instructions for the wires. i tried plugging in the harnesses a few different configurations and no avail..
Dang. Ok, I guess I’m going to wait it out a bit. I wish you luck -hopefully they reply soon. And thanks for updating us all on your progress!

Loosen the bolts in the bus bars. From there you can access the torx bolts for the charge port door. A swivel driver works best. This way you don’t break the bus bar cover.