Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Model S Owner/Taillight question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhillyCJ

Owner of RDD Photo/Tesla Model S Long Range Plus
Sep 12, 2023
Fresno, CA
This is my first created thread, thanks for having me; I just bought my first tesla after considering/plotting on a Model S for the past couple years while i was starting my business; I always said when I got my finances together i wanted a Model S, and proud to say Labor Day I went and picked up
My first Tesla. Its not brand new, I purchased after a 3 yr lease but I just bought a late build yr (Birthday stamp Oct 2020) Tesla Model S “Long Range Plus”, just bought it and am really enjoying everything but the one thing im not a fan of is the taillights;
I would love to have a clean LED set but if not possible ima tint them i guess prolly, I love my first Tesla and am all setup and got it just about done w/ a ppf wrap/ceramic coating on white interior/tints/etc after 3 wks of ownership but do i have any options to change these tail lights to some’n a lil more attractive? Id really like a set of LEDs, but have heard something about a “refreshed taillight” possibly although am brand new so dont know if they can be installed on my current model; Anybody have any ideas? You guys like the smoked taillight look? And is that my only option? Also not sure if that’d effect the long range battery life in anyway, id imagine not much if at all. Really enjoying the car, i wish the glass top was transparent glass or we
Least had the option, that’d be a real nice luxury touch in my opinion since can no longer have a panoramic top but overall im extremely happy w/ my purchase and dont regret it.:just now that i own it finally im noticing the little things that would take a model S from a great car to legendary; I honestly like to see the stars thru my roof tho and lowkey was disappointed there was no retractable roof option, but also wanted the long range model/battery pack so i can live without it (sunroof) for those reasons. While shopping for my first EV i saw the lexus that can turn the top translucent at a push of a button (the 500E)..ida def paid for that option if was available; The lexus was considerably more money than the model S, brand new, and not really what i was in the market for but that feature was super attractive especially when i just happened to take the test drive at sunset/twilight; Anyway, love my model S but these lights remind me
Of something off a car made in the 2000’s, not a 2020/2021; Any ideas? Appreciate any replies, thanks in advance and appreciate your time and advice on the matter..You guys be safe out there 🙏🏼

Attachments

• IMG_4085.jpeg
    IMG_4085.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4158.jpeg
    IMG_4158.jpeg
    901.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4155.jpeg
    IMG_4155.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
This is my first created thread, thanks for having me; I just bought my first tesla after considering/plotting on a Model S for the past couple years while i was starting my business; I always said when I got my finances together i wanted a Model S, and proud to say Labor Day I went and picked up
My first Tesla. Its not brand new, I purchased after a 3 yr lease but I just bought a late build yr (Birthday stamp Oct 2020) Tesla Model S “Long Range Plus”, just bought it and am really enjoying everything but the one thing im not a fan of is the taillights;
I would love to have a clean LED set but if not possible ima tint them i guess prolly, I love my first Tesla and am all setup and got it just about done w/ a ppf wrap/ceramic coating on white interior/tints/etc after 3 wks of ownership but do i have any options to change these tail lights to some’n a lil more attractive? Id really like a set of LEDs, but have heard something about a “refreshed taillight” possibly although am brand new so dont know if they can be installed on my current model; Anybody have any ideas? You guys like the smoked taillight look? And is that my only option? Also not sure if that’d effect the long range battery life in anyway, id imagine not much if at all. Really enjoying the car, i wish the glass top was transparent glass or we
Least had the option, that’d be a real nice luxury touch in my opinion since can no longer have a panoramic top but overall im extremely happy w/ my purchase and dont regret it.:just now that i own it finally im noticing the little things that would take a model S from a great car to legendary; I honestly like to see the stars thru my roof tho and lowkey was disappointed there was no retractable roof option, but also wanted the long range model/battery pack so i can live without it (sunroof) for those reasons. While shopping for my first EV i saw the lexus that can turn the top translucent at a push of a button (the 500E)..ida def paid for that option if was available; The lexus was considerably more money than the model S, brand new, and not really what i was in the market for but that feature was super attractive especially when i just happened to take the test drive at sunset/twilight; Anyway, love my model S but these lights remind me
Of something off a car made in the 2000’s, not a 2020/2021; Any ideas? Appreciate any replies, thanks in advance and appreciate your time and advice on the matter..You guys be safe out there 🙏🏼
Yo!

Your car will work well with the new Alpharex Nova tail lights (they also have headlights for your model but in my opinion it may look too busy, however i've never seen them mounted on a car so i could be wrong)

the tail lights though? They are sexy. And plug-n-play for your model, there won't be any need to install any resistors

Upvote 0