Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update: well i did everything you guys suggested and luckily it worked. so much thanks to everyones contributions. recap, i shut the car off from menu, disconnected both batteries and reinstalled the old tail lights. when i restarted the car everything was good.

keeping the old tail lights on till alpharex confirms that they have resolved the issue for 21 refresh's. been keeping close contact with them and they said they are wrapping up the installation manual and are working on a possible converter for refresh. such a bummer because the lights cleaned up the back of the car so well. the waiting game continues.

Reactions: OK-S
update: well i did everything you guys suggested and luckily it worked. so much thanks to everyones contributions. recap, i shut the car off from menu, disconnected both batteries and reinstalled the old tail lights. when i restarted the car everything was good.

keeping the old tail lights on till alpharex confirms that they have resolved the issue for 21 refresh's. been keeping close contact with them and they said they are wrapping up the installation manual and are working on a possible converter for refresh. such a bummer because the lights cleaned up the back of the car so well. the waiting game continues.
Mine shipped too but won’t be here until Tuesday. I also have a 21 refresh So is Alpharex saying they will be compatible with 21s with a step down module or something? Did they mention anything about doing a configuration change on the cars? I doubt it would help to change the config but just thought I would ask. Assume as mine show up this week I will go at it hard this week and trying to get them to work. Do you have any more information from Alpharex that would be awesome anything at all that might help me. I don’t mind if I have to tap some wires
/mess with config changes etc. thanks for your input and attempt to get these going. I’m positive there is a way

Mine shipped too but won’t be here until Tuesday. I also have a 21 refresh So is Alpharex saying they will be compatible with 21s with a step down module or something? Did they mention anything about doing a configuration change on the cars? I doubt it would help to change the config but just thought I would ask. Assume as mine show up this week I will go at it hard this week and trying to get them to work. Do you have any more information from Alpharex that would be awesome anything at all that might help me. I don’t mind if I have to tap some wires
/mess with config changes etc. thanks for your input and attempt to get these going. I’m positive there is a way
all they said was it’s a known issue but didn’t actually mention if they were actively working on a solution for it. he just said they might need to make a “new converter” for it. yeah i doubt they will delve into coding since that’s not very user friendly

The lack of any good news is alarming
Ready for the good news?

Well, keep waiting because these are not it.

I spent over 10 hours wiring and testing the lights on my 21 refresh S and was attempting to message Alpharex and Tsportline throughout.

ZERO response from either even after they had read my messages. Extremely disappointing, especially after I took my car apart for all this and have to put it back together with the old stuff. There is some kind of issue with the voltage/fuse that prevents the right some from working at all. Hopefully something comes as a solution, but this has been a piss-poor launch by Alpharex. Who ships things without testing if it works on the models they say it does? Who ships things without instructions? Who reads messages from customers and leaves them on read?

Alpharex!

Reactions: Proppilot
Ready for the good news?

Well, keep waiting because these are not it.

I spent over 10 hours wiring and testing the lights on my 21 refresh S and was attempting to message Alpharex and Tsportline throughout.

ZERO response from either even after they had read my messages. Extremely disappointing, especially after I took my car apart for all this and have to put it back together with the old stuff. There is some kind of issue with the voltage/fuse that prevents the right some from working at all. Hopefully something comes as a solution, but this has been a piss-poor launch by Alpharex. Who ships things without testing if it works on the models they say it does? Who ships things without instructions? Who reads messages from customers and leaves them on read?

Alpharex!
Just curious, have your swapped left side to right side only for testing ?

What determines a 21 refresh? Stupid question but I have a 2020 so would that automatically insure my car shouldn't have this same issue? The lights say they are for 2012-2020, why are some people trying to install them on a "21 refresh"
It’s the old naming convention of the tail lights. It was originally labeled 2012-2020, however, many buyers (me included) had received an email from T-Sportline asking for the specific vehicle that we own

It was broken down as such
- “Pre facelift” 2012 to April 2016
- “facelift” May 2016 to january 2021

They don’t have an official true “refresh” version, but many people stated that the wiring between the “facelift” and the pre-refresh-refresh lol (old taillights on our newer vehicles) was no different

There is one piece of concern though for us Plaid/LR 2021 to 2022, the brake lights are only the outer lights being on (during the daytime) however, the versions prior had the inner light turned on faintly while the outer ones were brighter

So some McGuyver’ing would need to be performed for the actual refresh

To answer your question, yours is the Facelift

What determines a 21 refresh? Stupid question but I have a 2020 so would that automatically insure my car shouldn't have this same issue? The lights say they are for 2012-2020, why are some people trying to install them on a "21 refresh"
I put them on my refresh because Alpharex told me they would work and also shared the same thing with others in their instagram comment section.
IMG_6363.jpeg
IMG_6350.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: misc3r
I put them on my refresh because Alpharex told me they would work and also shared the same thing with others in their instagram comment section.
View attachment 1050976View attachment 1050977
Well I guess they didn't lie, they do "fit" and the term compatible is debatable, just trying to make light of the situation, I've been waiting patiently, I finally got them, opened the box, took a look and tossed them on a shelf, I have zero interest in attempting to put them on now...