Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious if the missing trim piece is from orders from TSportline and Alpharex ? I ordered from Alpharex directly and it came with the trim piece and the adapters for the 21+ were in the box with the lights and trim piece.

Side note for the intrepid installers that are going to home brew your harnesses and add resistors (vs the $ 65 bucks from Alpharex) the length of the wires to the harness that goes to the top brake light AND the two wires that have to be fished through the grommet will be too short so you will have to lengthen those wires. If you order the adapter kit, it comes with new harnesses.
Mine was from T-sportline. No trim piece and still no answer from them.

• Informative
Reactions: Bull
man all these warnings of possible death is making me second guess doing this install.
NAAAA..... its only because the install video is for the pre-refresh and is not going far enough to ensure the shutdown that the refresh 21+ cars need !

When you are ready I am happy to walk you through the proper isolation steps. The juice IS worth the squeeze. They look incredible installed...... when I compare OEM to the new it changes the whole look of the back end of the car aesthetically and operationally. I have even grown to dig the power on sequence .....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bull
Looks great. I am curious how your alignment of the passenger side goes. When I physically align
well worth it... i just need to align the passenger inner and outer tail light

Great video. Something to ask those who have installed to check out. On mine, the driver side alignment of the horizontal light pipes is perfect. On the PAX side not so much. I did adjust them physically but they are not perfect so I took some photos. I can see that the light pipes don't actually align perfectly when the top and bottom of the light assemblies are fully aligned. See uploaded photos showing the lenses physically aligned at top and bottom but in the middle you will see an offset. I have to say that it is not as bad as the photo shows. I think that is some parallax error so just check when top and bottom are aligned, are your internal light pipes as well (especially the turn signals). I am looking for data points as I wonder if their mold was off.

Attachments

• bottom alignment.jpg
    bottom alignment.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 2
  • top alighment.jpg
    top alighment.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • lamp alignment.jpg
    lamp alignment.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: misc3r
Looks great. I am curious how your alignment of the passenger side goes. When I physically align

Great video. Something to ask those who have installed to check out. On mine, the driver side alignment of the horizontal light pipes is perfect. On the PAX side not so much. I did adjust them physically but they are not perfect so I took some photos. I can see that the light pipes don't actually align perfectly when the top and bottom of the light assemblies are fully aligned. See uploaded photos showing the lenses physically aligned at top and bottom but in the middle you will see an offset. I have to say that it is not as bad as the photo shows. I think that is some parallax error so just check when top and bottom are aligned, are your internal light pipes as well (especially the turn signals). I am looking for data points as I wonder if their mold was off.
That is off enough that I would have returned the lights. I am way too OCD to live with that offset. What does Alpharex have to say about it?

That is off enough that I would have returned the lights. I am way too OCD to live with that offset. What does Alpharex have to say about it?
Here is another shot. Curious if anyone else sees this. What I will say is that from distance, it is barely noticeable (and only with the right turn signal as it slightly 'jumps' as it crosses between the lights. For sure you can see it in the photos as that is about 2" from the lenses. I will definitely send photos to Alpharex. Living in the great white north, returning anything to/from the US is a major and expensive hassle.

If you zoom in on the video above posted by misc3r you will see that the right turn signal drops slightly when it transitions to the right outer lamp assembly. Unless I am dreaming. Sorry to send everyone who has done the project out to their garages to check !!!

Attachments

• IMG_5012.JPG
    IMG_5012.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 1
Here is another shot. Curious if anyone else sees this. What I will say is that from distance, it is barely noticeable (and only with the right turn signal as it slightly 'jumps' as it crosses between the lights. For sure you can see it in the photos as that is about 2" from the lenses. I will definitely send photos to Alpharex. Living in the great white north, returning anything to/from the US is a major and expensive hassle.

If you zoom in on the video above posted by misc3r you will see that the right turn signal drops slightly when it transitions to the right outer lamp assembly. Unless I am dreaming. Sorry to send everyone who has done the project out to their garages to check !!!
I thought I saw it on other videos that were posted here and elsewhere. I'm glad you confirmed it.

I took all out of the box. No trim piece :( T-sportline is not answering neither on mail or chat. Just says offline. I might have to cut the org one and wait or buy a OEM. Thats just ekstra $ to an expensive part. (also paid arround 300$ in tax to my country. But it has to be done ;)
@Jeba have you verified that these fit the EU Model S? I thought the charge port differences made them incompatible in the EU?

were you able to get it aligned perfectly ? or do you see what I see.....
Thank you!

And i haven’t had the chance to do it yet, but i see what you see:

On the RH side, both lights (inner and outer) are well aligned on the outside, but misaligned on the inside

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3812.jpeg

However on the LH side, the lights are misaligned on the outside (outer light sits higher than the lower light) but the light tubing is near perfectly aligned on the inside (took pics at an angle so it may be distorted)

IMG_3814.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

The outer light seems to have more available wiggle room than the inner one, so i’ll take care of that tomorrow and post pics

• Informative
Reactions: Proppilot and Bull