Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Sofrware 2019.32.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2019.32.12.1 641e9fa last night and so far have noticed anything different. Must be a major bug fix, but the "what's new" notifications are the same. Model X 100D, July 2018. MCU 2.5. Full autodrive enabled.

Before this update, I tried the enhanced summons in my work parking lot when I got out, late at night. No other cars around. 7:05 pm. The proper behavior was to back up away from the curb, turn, and drive towards me. Instead the car drove forward into the parking bumper and tried to drive over it and into a drainage ditch. I managed to stop it in time.

Enhanced summon is not quite ready for prime time it seems. Perhaps this bug fix will improve the enhanced summons.

Mike P

Reactions: wcorey
Same here, wants to download an update but I am at work.

Is it my imagination or does the autodrive sofware seem sensitive to adjacent traffic? Some people are reporting alarming and loud alerts with nearby traffic passing by but it their lanes safely. I have noticed that my car wil sway back and forth slightly away from adjacent cars in their proper lanes, but no alerts.

Same here, wants to download an update but I am at work.

Is it my imagination or does the autodrive sofware seem sensitive to adjacent traffic? Some people are reporting alarming and loud alerts with nearby traffic passing by but it their lanes safely. I have noticed that my car wil sway back and forth slightly away from adjacent cars in their proper lanes, but no alerts.
That would be great if it does but I have not seen that. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I ended up doing that as well, an inexpensive repeater that only the car connects to. The firewall (fire door and likely protected wall between garage and house sufficiently dampened the signal from any interior access points. The inexpensive repeater allows for a full bars signal at the car, which Tesla told me it really needed to work. Since I installed that back last Nov I have no trouble with OTA updates. I thought your post reflected new behavior since V10.
I think I'm in the same situay...can you suggest the repeater you used & where it is place

I think I'm in the same situay...can you suggest the repeater you used & where it is place
Happy to. I will preface this by saying it is going to, likely, be solely dependent on where there is an available plug. In my case the electrician put in what was likely the bare minimum of plugs in the garage. My car is parked on the side of the garage that abuts the kitchen on the other side of the wall. The wireless router is in the basement so not only is there decent distance to the car but the car's wifi antenna is behind metal. On the back wall of the garage, which my car points to is the utility 115v 15a plug. This is the repeater I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6V6TXP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I configured it in repeater mode. Remember! It needs the same configuration, password and speed as I recall) as the wireless router it is connecting to. One thing I did differently than the instructions is rather that using the fixed channel I set it to auto. It works here where I am not sure it worked as the instructions said to do it. YMMV. Given the proximity of the car to the repeater, 6'-7' I get a perfect signal (all the bars (or arcs) lit. It works great! I am not wild about where it is made but then so are the smart phones and wireless routers we use. I cannot attest to the signal strength it has on the main wireless router. It works. Don't let good be the enemy of great.
I see from Amazon it is no longer available. It would be interesting to see why it was dropped but essentially any of the facsimile repeaters at the bottom of that page should work as well.
Given the reviews maybe I got one that worked. Those listed at the bottom of that web page have better reviews and pretty much the same price point. I think mine was $25ish.

Last edited: