Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New SR or Used LR??

Which do i buy with a 40K budget?

• NEW SR for 36K with plan of upgrading in 2 years

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • NEW SR+ for 40k

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • USED LR for 40K with 45-50K miles on it

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my daily commute is only 22 Miles both ways (1 hour of driving each way in NYC Traffic) so range is not a problem for everyday driving. My concern is road trips with the family. I've never gone on a road trip for longer than 700 miles however i do want to be able to do a 400-500 mile trip at least once a year and from what i am hearing you only really get about 70% of your battery range capacity before you have to charge and having to supercharge 3 times for a 4 hour trip seems like a big hassle.

I've been leaning SR because i figured SR+ will probably already be a hassle for a road trip so whats an extra charge lol (It'll save me from degrading the battery, ill get the red that i want and ill upgrade in a few years to a plus is my thinking)

Hold on... 400-500 miles in 4 hours? That's well over 100mph...

If you are really driving that fast, even a LR won't be enough for 2 charges for that distance, since power consumption will be significantly higher at very fast speeds.