Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New struts/New control arms/12V battery/door 'pop'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 60,000 KM now,

Had to replace all the above. No clue why outside of "clinking" and "clunking" noise I kept hearing from my X P100D.

Not sure how much longer falcon wings are going to hold up for.

Afraid of my X repairs after warranty.

I hear lots of people are trading in their x's for y's, any truth to this?

At 60,000 KM now,
Had to replace all the above. No clue why outside of "clinking" and "clunking" noise I kept hearing from my X P100D.

Clinking clunking noises are normal. FWD should last a long time. You can extend the warranty 2 or 4 years (although a little spendy).
I am sure many X owners will flip to a Y. Reason being 95% of the utility, but for 60% of the cost. I might consider doing that, but I've never seen one. It will be difficult to give up the free fuel. Expect to keep my X for quite a while.

At 60,000 KM now,

The X is an upper tier car with a unique set of features. So it is reasonable to expect it to be a bit more expensive to upkeep.

On trading the an X for a Y it depends whether you want/need the features that X has that the Y does not. That includes falcon wing doors, screen displays in front of the driver, air suspension for nicer ride, 6 and 7 seat options, Bio-defense mode ventilation, etc. I have no doubt the Model Y will handily outsell the Model X and all other Tesla models. That will make the Model X a more unique car that you won't see 5 of in the grocery store parking lot. The same cannot be said for the Model Y.