Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indianapolis currently only has one supercharger located on the South side of the I-465 loop around the city. I just heard that we are getting a new Supercharger located in Fishers, IN in 2018 (Northeast side of town). Telsa's website confirms this by showing "coming soon" and lists "opening by end of 2018". Does anyone have information on this new Supercharger? It only makes sense since we just got a Telsa Sevice Center in Castleton (NE side of town). The map shows it at 116th street and Lantern Road, but I was told by a Telsa rep that it will be near 116th & Cumberland Rd, just East of the new IKEA.

Looks like they are adding one in downtown Indianapolis also. Comment if you have any information about that location. I would be interested to see if we can tell if they have any permits yet, that would help indicate the timing and location.

Would be great to have a charger up by IKEA as someone who comes from Fort Wayne area instead of having to drive further south.
As one who lives where there are three major routes out of my city that go 250+ miles without a Supercharger and require 40A slow speed charging, I think it's funny/irritating when someone is dissatisfied that a Supercharger is on an inconvenient side of town.

Having a SC close to you is the icing not the cake, but let's face it cake is always better with icing!
But it's grating on the nerves of people with no cake to hear people complaining about the type of icing they have on their cake. ;)
*Example* My wife and I were just talking this morning about going over to Bend Oregon in the spring, and we would still take our Honda Civic, because my wife will not tolerate 3 and a half hours slow charging in Burns.

• Helpful
Reactions: GMan324
As one who lives where there are three major routes out of my city that go 250+ miles without a Supercharger and require 40A slow speed charging, I think it's funny/irritating when someone is dissatisfied that a Supercharger is on an inconvenient side of town.
You need to take some happy pills. No one ever complained about anything, we are just excited about the new SC locations. I hope you get some more soon too!

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
did he give an exact location (address or something you can mark with a pin on Google Maps)? If you did it would be precise enough to add to supercharge.info, I reckon.
No exact location. He just said 116th and Cumberland. There is a lot of building in that area, so there are several options, but my bet is around the Fresh Market (not to busy that you would get ICEd, but close enough to walk to all the amenities).

Not sure where u got the SC idea, but I agree it won’t be there. Where and when did u hear 96th area? A salesman told me about a month ago the 116th area. Anywhere up here would be great.

Meijer is a very heavy traffic area to get to, so not sure about that, but it would have lots within walking distance.

Indianapolis currently only has one supercharger located on the South side of the I-465 loop around the city. I just heard that we are getting a new Supercharger located in Fishers, IN in 2018 (Northeast side of town). Telsa's website confirms this by showing "coming soon" and lists "opening by end of 2018". Does anyone have information on this new Supercharger? It only makes sense since we just got a Telsa Sevice Center in Castleton (NE side of town). The map shows it at 116th street and Lantern Road, but I was told by a Telsa rep that it will be near 116th & Cumberland Rd, just East of the new IKEA.
I have to ask if this could be one of the reps that ASSURES potential new customers "TESLA will NEVER need to add ANY fluids EVER because of how well built theses cars are now and the fact it is the first car without ANY fluids"¿ Less than a year after purchase and $500 later you have new drivetrain fluid! look into year 1 maintenance. Thats funny, I was suckered into that line awhile back "Evansville SC" will be up in less than a year. It was on the map and everything, I think I might have even seen "permits acquired" construction underway. Tesla reps ASSURED it was a matter of 6-9 months. The year was 2015!!! As of Dec. 12 2017 per SCRT "THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR INDIANA", not Indianapolis, not north of Indy, I hope Im wrong, but I trust my sources! As of the individual who started the tale of the 3 new SC to open IN 2017,that was during drinks and a chat AFTER speaking at the grand opening on 86 street. This person then "mentioned" these 3 new SC. NEVER DURING SPEECHES AND OR THANKS DID ANYONE SPEAK OFFICALLY about these SC's. I have found out "he" was speaking about "an Ikea opening with Chargers" come to find out Ikea is putting up ChargePoints as part of new and renovated stores.The new "SC downtown" was scheduled on the map IN early 2016 as the NEW Service center. Sorry for the "rant"

Wow, I guess that is one way to kill a thread. Sounds like ur frustrated, but IMO Tesla is just slow about accomplishing things, but they usually get done. Probably, because they are taking on too much.

PS
I talked to the Mayor’s office in Fishers and they said they have been working with Tesla on this project since this summer and an announcement will be forthcoming soon. I think that is politician speak for I can’t say anything yet, but at least we know they have proposals/permits applications in with both Fishers and Carmel.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
7D8577C6-5335-41B1-884E-24E25BA76901.jpeg
BA8B0FCD-D97B-4031-8DFD-AE47295E68E1.jpeg

It is currently under construction!
3rd floor of the East parking garage.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and emupilot