Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded the latest Tesla app today and found a problem.
On the Controls page the Vent command now says “Close” - implying a window has been left open.
Clicking the “Close” button causes the button to change to “Vent” (as expected) but then reverts to “Close” after 10 seconds.

Is it Android or Apple app?

May wait for the fix if Android
Yep I have had the problem for 3 Weeks. I am on iOS. Logged it with Tesla and they recommended this logging out of app, reset car and log back in, that worked. However it came back. It sometimes fixes it self. I also noticed that when the app is in this state and I get in the car, it sounds like the car try’s to put a window up even though they are closed.

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc
Not quite sure where to put this, but I'll give it a go here!

I've had the Tesla app now for four years (2 cars) and try to get as much info from these forums as I can. My problem involves the venting/closing of windows via the phone app - I have Android.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but to no avail.

Has anybody any other possible solutions?:oops:

What's the actual problem? the same as the OP?
I've had no issues with the Android App, but I have noticed that when I close the windows after a vent my front passenger window falsely detects an obstacle and re opens, all other windows are closed and the app shows as the windows are closed. Not the best in a country where it can be sunny one minute and raining the next. A small amount of silicone lubricant on the seal fixed this.

We just started using cabin overheat protection, enabled by default (at least on our M3) in 2020.16.x probably due to many of its limitations being removed. It works far better than venting the windows at the expense of, on our M3 LR, less than 1%/day of battery. It keeps cabin temp below 40C in similar conditions to when we had venting on and it was regularly over 50C.