Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, thanks for those pics. I went ahead and ordered the smoked versions through TSportline, since they were running a father's day special that ends end of day today. I selected the '21 versions so will confirm with them tomorrow that my shipment will include the 21' wiring adapter/harness, since it's not explcitly stated.

Can't wait to get these in and installed! The stock taillights are the one thing that makes my 21 look outdated! I don't really mind the stock headlights.
they're included if you selected the correct variant drop down on our site.

I’m happy with my rear badge from there. It was a poorly spray painted piece of high quality 3D metal. I wet sanded it and coated it to make it look perfect.

The front one I got from there was an OEM part that was also spray painted. Wasn’t prepped properly, so the paint is chipping off. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I only have experience wirh the front Mx emblem. Its a replica from a mold of an emblem. I can tell it’s a replica because the threads and holes are different sizes as oem are same.

IMG_7178.jpeg
IMG_7177.jpeg

FEDEX is threatening to actually deliver them Friday so I plan to do the needful on Saturday. I have read everything here. Any special tips learned the hard way I should pay attention to especially related to the charging port ? I figured out whey they were out of stock and then back in. It was the adapter harnesses that were sold out so the lights + adapter were 'backordered'. They obviously reacted quickly and soldered up more harnesses within a day or two. I got the clear black. I think they look AMAZING.....

Me
FEDEX is threatening to actually deliver them Friday so I plan to do the needful on Saturday. I have read everything here. Any special tips learned the hard way I should pay attention to especially related to the charging port ? I figured out whey they were out of stock and then back in. It was the adapter harnesses that were sold out so the lights + adapter were 'backordered'. They obviously reacted quickly and soldered up more harnesses within a day or two. I got the clear black. I think they look AMAZING.....
I personally followed Tesla service procedure to replace the taillights which involves removing a lot more trim pieces than the ones in Alpharex's instructions. I don't know if by following Alpharex's instructions you will have enough room to work for removing the charging port, or if you even need to fully remove it.

Please note that if you do have to remove it additional steps are suggested in the tesla service manual (like applying penetrox and measuring resistance after remounting the charge port)

I suggest you start with the left side as it is the most tedious. make sure you have deep sockets as the taillights screws are long and if the socket is not deep enough it can get in your way of adjusting the nuts.

Reactions: Proppilot
Reactions: Daytonaviolet
So for all the people who have installed the Alpharex tail lights, what’s your review on them? Do they look cheap and aftermarket? Or do they look OE quality? Any issues?
OEM Quality, do not look cheap at all. But I reccomend going with the "Black Red (With Black Trunk Center Piece Replacement)" if you want the OEM look the other two styles are not red lights they just light up red.

Mine arrive today so Saturday is game day. The posted pics look fantastic. I DO wish the start up sequence could be disabled without disabling the sequencing turn signals (which I love) but it is what it is.

Thank you for the tips here and other tips via other channels. I plan to pull the LV battery terminal and the first responder loop JUST IN CASE I get into the wrong place with a tool near the business side of the charging port.

From what I see, the centre strip does NOT have the letters. I have ordered a set from Amazon (metal not plastic) and will apply as I do like that effect.

I will post pics on Sunday :) Tony

Mine arrive today so Saturday is game day. The posted pics look fantastic. I DO wish the start up sequence could be disabled without disabling the sequencing turn signals (which I love) but it is what it is.

Thank you for the tips here and other tips via other channels. I plan to pull the LV battery terminal and the first responder loop JUST IN CASE I get into the wrong place with a tool near the business side of the charging port.

From what I see, the centre strip does NOT have the letters. I have ordered a set from Amazon (metal not plastic) and will apply as I do like that effect.

I will post pics on Sunday :) Tony
Out of curiosity, is the center strip with letters available from Tesla? I have not looked so I don't actually know if the MS comes with the letters. Or maybe they are just black letters.

Edit: I se the T E S L A letters are available in the epc: TESLA WORDMARK BADGE 1880160-00-A

I'm waiting a bit on the Alpharex lights. Hoping they will have a better solution to disable the startup sequence only since it seems that is what most people want.

Last edited:
Adding a couple more photos for anyone else undecided on what color to order. I ordered the red and smoke, and ended up going with the smoke on my MSM after seeing both on the car. For anyone on the fence, I feel like it looks like a whole new car and was well worth the wait.

I’m in San Diego if anyone is interested in the red before I send them back since I know they’re out of stock for at least the next month or so.

Now I’m open to any suggestions on partially blacking out the red reflectors on the lights.

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 2
Adding a couple more photos for anyone else undecided on what color to order. I ordered the red and smoke, and ended up going with the smoke on my MSM after seeing both on the car. For anyone on the fence, I feel like it looks like a whole new car and was well worth the wait.

I’m in San Diego if anyone is interested in the red before I send them back since I know they’re out of stock for at least the next month or so.

Now I’m open to any suggestions on partially blacking out the red reflectors on the lights.
Looks good! Is this the smoked variant turned on and off? Or is the one on the left the red clear?

Did you order the liftgate appliqué directly from Tesla? What was the part number?